Anyone Have A 2021 Panigale V4s Insured With Bennetts?

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Sicilian, Sep 28, 2023.

1. As the title anyone?

I recently purchased a used Panigale V4S and added it my Multibike policy.

Anyway cut a long story short, I first got a quote for one that a member sold to Ducati Bournemouth. When they quoted it they called it a Ducati Panigale V4S Corse. It was not a Corse, its was just a V4S, 2021 plate. At that time I gave them a value of £21,995. The Corse part I didn't really think twice about. They said I'd be refunded £230.00 if I removed my S1000RR Sport and added this bike.

Moving on Bourenmouth sold the bike. Few weeks later I bought the one I own now. Again Panigale V4S 21 plate but valued at £22,995. Again during the quote Bennetts stated Panigale V4S Corse, again I didn't really think about the Corse part, they said I'd now get £5'ish back. Anyway when I made the change I called them up. As they where running through again they stated corse, anyway I told them its NOT a Corse, just a V4S. I explained the Corse was a special edition manufactured 2019-2020. They then advised they would correct it manually and now they wanted £232.00 for the remain of the policy approx 86 days! I though wtf! Ended up with some heated conversation with them and one of their managers. Bottom line is I was too far into the policy to think about cancelling it so ended up paying.

Any member here have a 2021 Panigale V4S insured with Bennetts? If so can you check what its insured as? V4S or V4S Corse?

I just get this feeling I'm being tucked up an extra premium cos they had to manually adjust it. I told them my bike is registered correctly with DVLA and their system is flawed and showing the 2021 V4S as a V4S Corse, proved it them twice. Something just does not stack up. I told them I'd begrudgingly pay it, but I'm going to make a further complaint.

Hope this makes sense.

#1 Sicilian, Sep 28, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
  2. Further to my issue with Bennetts yesterday I've gone online and got quotes. Look at the attached screenshot of Panigale V4's listed. Theres V4S 2018 onwards and V4S Corse 2018 to 2022 WTF! V4S Corse was manufactured 2019-2020! Theres no such model of V4S Corse that goes 2018 to 2022!

Now selecting V4S brings in a quote approx £500 more expensive the V4S Corse. This is fucked up.

What the hell bike should I be declaring??

Screenshot 2023-09-29 151039.png

Do Not Sell My Personal Information