Anyone moved from the Supercorsa tyres

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by DamoIrl, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Hi All ,

ive got my Pani about three weeks now and loving how scary it is :biggrin:

i have to admit tho iam not overly in love with the standard issue supercorsas she came on....shes showing 2200 kilometres now and still plently of life in them but i want to have a little homework done on the tyre front...

will prob drop to a Rosso Corsa Diablo II all round...as i had them on my previous 1098 and loved the feeling from the front

i recently rang a dealer to price tyre options and i was informed this week that i have to stay with supercorsa's as thats what the DTC has been set up for......now iam sure if i stay with the same size rear as she comes on all will be fine...

i dont ever intend tracking her so i think having to stay on supercorsa's smells a bit funny to me...

has anyone else moved to different tyres? mine is a 2012 base model

2. You can run a 190/55 rear without messing the DTC up. You might need to knock it down a click......This opens up pretty much any tyre option you may want. I think...there may be some other options starting to appear in the 200 section, but these are few and far between and more costly.

3. if iam honest iam prob happy enough to stay with the 200 section rear but as i say ill prob it back to a more casual road based tyre .....e.g the rosso corsa diablo

4. I may actually switch to the new SC V2s (as supplied with the Pani). They seem to offer tremendous mileage given their grip characteristics. I know of another rider who has ridden 3000 miles on his Pani and the V2s are only now being close to their wear bars. Seems to address the mileage issues of the SC SP or SP BSB.

5. I'm nearly at the end of my second set of Super Corsas and checked whether other manufacturers were making their own equivalent, which seems to be the case now (thank goodness !) . I am tempted to try some with a bit more tread pattern since the OE fitment is pretty scary in the wet... OK it might be my fault a bit, for being a rubbish rider but still.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information