Audi!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Major, Apr 14, 2012.

1. How do you feel about Ducati motorcycles beinging likened to Audi`s in the car world?

I was thinking more Ferrari or Porsche! :wink:

2. Audi's with their link to Lamborghini seems about right to me.

Ferrari is too city trader, but beautiful. Porsche is too every day and of course Germanic.

3. I've always said that a Ferrari is a 4 wheeled Ducati !!!

Why compare the other way :smile:

4. I was comparing Ferrari and Porsche for their standing within the car world, rather then being like them. Anyway I thought VW owned Lamborgini, therefore Audi`s link is just the same as the Skoda Fabia.

5. Okay lets think about this.

Three car makers of similar Kudos; Mercedes Benz, BMW and Audi.

Do a little research and you`ll soon find that Audi is sadly lacking in its overall quality compared to the other two car makers.

Lets hope Ducati keep their No.1 status in the motorcycle world and are not be dragged down to Audi`s standards!

6. The Mercs I've had have all been bags of sh......, the BMW's 3's & 5's have been good and the Audi's A4's & A6's quality has been the same as BMW.
    Current drive:-
    [​IMG][/IMG]

7. Audi far better made than Merc

And if hey chuck the investment in they have for other niche marks, can only be good

8. I thought you said Mercs are bags of sh......... So why have you got one, or is it up for sale?

9. Company car and not a lot of choice in the pool! This preceeded it and it was an even bigger pile of poop!
    [​IMG]

10. I've had an S4 for maybe 8 years. it just keeps going. Oil, batteries and the occasional belt is all it needs. 100% reliable and 300bhp.

11. Why car company at all? Better a group investors or similar who will treat it as it is, Rather than a company searching for profit and world domination.

12. If u see what I mean lol. More like a Morgan or a TVR....
    Unique selling points and doing things there own way.

13. You can probably tell I don`t like Audi`s, but each to their own.

I`m a Skoda and a Porsche owner, so I suppose all said and done we are all one big family.

Well if it does happen, welcome to the VW club Ducati!

14. Think of the benefits Major, you could get a VAG owners club insurance discount on all 3! ;-)

15. I`ll just have to convince the wife to ditch her MX-5 for an Audi TT, then we could have a discount for the whole fleet! You know maybe it`s not such a bad thing after all :cool:

16. Well they did it!

17. Having had Mercs, BM's, a porsche and currently driving an Audi - I have to say the Audi build quality is great - as good if not better than BM and Merc. I think that Audi buying Ducati is good news for the Marque - its a financially stable backer, who arent in it for a quick kill and out again.

Will be interesting to see whether AMG renew their sponsorship of the GP Team and the brand tie ins...!!

Hasn't done Lamborghini any harm....

18. Hopefully Audi will improve Ducati's woeful parts distribution! <pray>

19. I`m sure it`s all good. Only concern is that Audi`s finish quality is not as good as it used to be, hope they wont be cutting corners with Ducati.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information