1199 Austin Racing Fs Exhaust

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Hadianto, Feb 6, 2017.

1. I've just install an Austin racing GP2 FS.

I'm not tested yet on the road but the sounds is pretty loud and I'm not using DB killers at all.

I want to ask a few question, is this exhaust will burn my under fairing and license plate?

Do I need a customized something to protect my under fairing?

Thanks before

IMG_6551.JPG

IMG_6552.JPG

IMG_6553.JPG

2. that looks like its going to be loud!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Just redoing the heat proofing on my fairs as it burnt the paint!

No baffles I did that and lasted a day till it drove me mad it's bloody loud but an awesome system

IMG_7853.JPG

4. I think i need a heat proof from a car hood since Austin not give me a heat proof from the factory. Already complained about that.

Just curious about your under tail section, does it burn the paint?

Does it help when you using baffles?

Thanks for your picture

5. Baffle would probably make it hotter as the gasses would have to travel faster through a smaller diameter pipe

6. Have a AR system on my 1199, never had any problems with the tail section paint in relation to heat. The location of the number plate with the NRC system might get a bit toasty though :)
    But had a problem with the lower right fairing getting burnt where the pipe bends in behind the fairing just below the brake pedal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks for the info. Did you use aluminum foil heat shield for the lower right fairing?

Thanks

8. Had no under seat problems but the lower right fairing is a problem as Mordor already said

9. Had the silver foil on the inside of the fairing, but the clearance between the pipe and the fairing is marginal, so worthwhile to check on the clearance and consider putting a spacer behind the fairing where is is screwed in by the brake pedal to give a millimeter or 2 of added clearance :)

10. Hello hope you don’t mind me asking ,how did you find the exhaust in general and was it a like for like fit.the reason I’m asking is I’m thinking of purchasing a used one and just wanted some feed back if possible .thanks ian

11. Why would you want a screaming eagle straight thru Harley system on your Ducati sports bike?! Looks like it would be unbearable to be on for more than 20 minutes!

12. Thanks for replying bradders ,was it really that bad.I was offered one and just wanted some genuine feed back was it worth it

13. No idea mate, each to their own, but having run a multi with decat and std exhaust and finding it headache inducing after 20 mins I can’t imagine this being any better! Your bike, if you like it, your money :upyeah:

14. Thanks bradders for you’re honesty schemers mate

15. Sorry bradders fk knows what schemers means I meant to say cheers mate

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. If its any help ,
    A mate of mine has a AR system on his Repsol fireblade rep and it is offensively loud ,i am running a SC project can on my Monster with baffles out and it just drowns it out !We were riding through a village last year (30 limit) and it was setting off car alarms as it went past :D I like a bike to sound good but these are way to much .

17. I had an AR can on my 959. ‘Twas loud :upyeah:

18. Really appreciate the feed back,so basically it’s just the same as beng married after a few years there ok for an hour then they do you’re fine head in.thanks everyone

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. You got it, NB! The bike has a key to turn it off, tho'!
    LOL! Dave

20. That’s the whole thing Dave,had a good ride out come home,turn it off,put in garage,THEN walk in the door,then it starts, you’ve been out all day bla bla bla. In all honesty I still luv her to bits

Do Not Sell My Personal Information