Australia - Insurance Question

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Eugen, Jul 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evening all. A question for anyone based in Australia (or who've visited and may have an insight). Apologies in advance if this rambles a bit.

I'm travelling to Sydney in November '22. On 4 November last year my oldest pal was killed in a bike accident in NSW, just as the local lockdown ended there. I'd known him since we were at school: he emigrated back in the mid 1980s and became a Sydney resident and Aussie citizen. We've been on several bike trips together (both in Australia and in Europe) and we were planning a big trip in 2023. I'm going to be with his family and friends to mark the anniversary of his passing as I couldn't get a Visa in time to attend the funeral back in 2021.

He had a few bikes and I'm hoping to take one on a ride (sort of a tribute ride, although that sounds ridiculously pretentious as a type this). I think that the title for the bikes has passed to his widow, so permission to use isn't a problem, and my UK licence (plus international driving licence as a back-up) should be fine, but insurance will be an issue. Does anyone know if Australian insurers will even look at a short-term policy for me? (I've not yet tried my UK broker - BeMoto - but I suspect the answer will be no). I don't want to hire a bike, although that is the backstop plan if insurance is impossible, as I'd like to use one of his to make a sort of last trip together.

Any help or guidance that you can offer will be gratefully received (and apologies again if I've posted this in the wrong place).

• Love You Love You x 1
  2. Thread moved

3. Sorted now. Many thanks. Please close this thread.

• Love You Love You x 1
  4. A lovely tribute that's what we should do celebrate all the things our loved ones enjoyed and using one of his old bikes :)

Let us know how it goes

5. will close this one but start a new one would be nice to come along on your journey
    I'm sure the others would too :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information