Avon New 3D Ultra for Multi

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by stickywicket, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Avon have a new range of tyres and finally have a fitment for the Multi.

1200 Multistrada / S (2010 onwards)
    Front Tyre
    3D Ultra Sport
    Pressure front: 2.5 bar (36psi)
    Front size: 120/70ZR17 (58W)
    Rear Tyre
    3D Ultra Sport
    Pressure rear: 2.9 bar (42psi)
    Rear size: 190/55ZR17 (75W) ..

[​IMG]

Seem to have been well received from the launch.
    British made too!

2. The bike polishers would love those wheels:tongue:

3. Interesting that the pressures are 36/42. That's the same default recommendation used for almost every bike. It makes you wonder if they have ever actually tested them on a Multi or even fitted them. I am impressed that Dunlop, for all their faults, recommend 32/36 for solo on Sportmax. Like they've actually tried them and come to a conclusion instead of just same old same old. You might expect that such a light bike as the 1200 would work better on lower pressures than the stock 36/42, wouldn't you? After previous experiences, I would NEVER fit a tyre that has just been announced as they often make revisions with experience, even bringing out a MkII version (Dunlop Roadmax 2??) and it is nice to see some user feedback anyway.

4. Nice to have some alternatives, but agree with viewdvb, better to get some history before rushing to get them fitted...I will be watching with interest how they perform, I have had problems getting the scorpions in some countries and finished up with a dunlop rear for a few thousand miles, just had a new rear Scorpion fitted ready for my next sorties into Europe in May, hopefully puncture free.....

5. I've never been an Avon fan but will reserve judgement until I've read some reviews

6. I have just arranged for some freebies from my mate on the motorcycle side so will give them a test. They have been getting good reports from the mags but then when you pay a load of journos to go on the p*ss, sorry I mean a product launch, they do tend to say nice things about them!

I never used to be so cynical!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information