Baby Panigale

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Rudolph Hart, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Should be available just in time for the end of my PCP. :upyeah:

2. It's about time they did the same with the Multistrada. Perhaps they will once they've got nowhere else to put the 848 engine...

3. I'm not so sure. First, Ducati are up,for sale and unlikely to be spending R&D on new engines. Second, the smaller Panigale, if following the patter of the bigger engine, loses the trellis frame. That means it can't easily fit into any of the other models unless the whole range are overhauled and Ducati lose the trellis across the range.

I mused on another forum that a 1199 Panigale might come in a Streetfighter at some point as the SF lags the Superbike by a couple of years. Trouble is a naked Panigale isn't going to look great without the trellis frame.

I think maybe Ducati have hit a block where the whole engine trickery of the Panigale actually creates a branding issue going forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. Will be interesting to see how many future Ducatis retain the trellis frame. Perhaps Ducati feel they have gone as far as they can with the Pantah engine?
    There were rumours of the next Hypermotard being a water-cooled model. Time will tell.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information