Barbie - The Film

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mattie821, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Outstanding film !!

Very entertaining, funny, sad and thoughtful bits.

Don't let the "intellectuals" and the self-centred talk you out of it.

Nearly as good as Godzilla King of the Monsters ! seriously though a very entertaining film

2. Margo Robbie. What’s not to like?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. All of it :joy::joy: Andy

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. You should watch it, don't let anyone talk you out of it.

A few of the girls at work went, making an effort to wear some pink - cinema was full apparently. It has made over $ 1 billion at the box office already.

Usually go to the cinema with a mate but neither of us fancied going to the cinema for this in case they thought we were there perving at Margo Robbie !:D

Watched it on Sky - recommended for normal people as opposed to intellectual film buffs !

5. We went.
    Mrs did not get it. I certainly did not, despite trying. Five minutes in I thought maybe it was going to be a musical. Wrong.
    For us, both of us, we would score it 2 out of 5. Maybe an age thing. My wifes daughter at 28 thought it was good.

Intellectuals? Nope.
    We just thought it was disappointing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Each to their own I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Exactly that. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 'Nearly as good as Godzilla King of the Monsters !'

Well, I'm in then....:D

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. I didn’t get it at all, as you say each to their own

• Like Like x 1
  10. That’s enough for me to watch it. Seriously that girl has the star quality, everything she touches turns to gold. That smile ;);)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. At least you went to see it and were not put off by the "expert" opinion. It might also be a sense of humour thing - might appeal to a sense of humour that laughs at silly things (guilty of that for sure :D) Will Ferrell as the CEO being an example...

Good man !

Yes, that is what drew my attention to the film in the first place. I probably would not have taken any notice of it if it hadn't been for that.

12. How complicated can a film about two plastic dolls be? :D

Cant even remember the last film i went to watch at the pics, possibly jurassic park 1.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. IF I ever manage to convince my brain to let me watch this movie it would purely be to perv over Margo Robbie! :grinning::splat::splat:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. If she touched me, I can guarantee I wouldn't turn to gold.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. I don’t like the fact that she’s cheating on me with another guy and if it wasn’t for the worldwide restraining order I’d be able to show her that we are meant to be together. :worried:

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. If you took a male friend to the cinema to watch Barbie together, I reckon it’s fairly safe to assume that not many people would think you were perving on Margot Robbie. ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. The Hollywood machine has now flogged all of the meat off the carcass of Marvel Superheroes ,
    and churned out so many remakes that they have now turned to making remakes of remakes !

I'm holding on to my cinema ticket money until they come up with some real quality .....

"Chorlton and The Wheelies - The Movie "
    .... gradely ! ..... proper Bo !

"Bill & Ben's Excellent Adventure " ...... with Little Weed in the lead female role

But who could take on such a demanding part ?

[​IMG]

..... erm , maybe what's her name ..... Margo Robbie

18. Dinosaur?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I’d jizz my pants

• Funny Funny x 2

20. can you tell us a bit about the plot?, without ruining it of course. :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information