1200 DVT Bars

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by mike willis, Jul 11, 2024.

1. I change the bars on my bike for narrower ones, well documented on here.
    I decided to raise them a little, dead easy, bars off, remove the mount, a few fat washers and a longer bolt, 10mm, but it's fine thread, M10 1.25 to be exact, thankfully a bolt shop in slough identified it straight away and came up with the right bolts and washers.
    I didn't realise such a thing existed, apparently they will take more torque, every day's a school day.
    A minor change to an already successful mod.

• Like Like x 1
  2. added 30mm bar risers to OEM shortened bars but found it too high so got them machined down to 20mm and also had a similar experience with thread pitch. Now all switch gear and cables are clear of the tank and steering lock works both ways but the main bennefit for me has been no more shoulder pain :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1

3. I’ve done the same , and it’s fixed my shoulder completely.
    However The change in handling is significant IMHO.
    It’s kind of took away the Multistradaness if that makes sense .
    Corners aren’t as effortless
    Find myself having to move about a bit more if I’m having fun.

4. cant say I found much if any difference in handling TBH, If anything I would say feels more stable

5. I find the wide bars on the Multi to be very sensitive to any minor inputs, for me anyway. Would you say the narrower bars lessen this?

6. Definitely
    You notice it more when you are doing twisties at speed.
    Found myself having to transfer weight as well putting input into the bars to turn quickly ( or at least my head thinks I do )
    It’s just different and I am getting used to it slowly.

My shoulder is definitely better, though I have been rowing regularly most of the year too :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. I would say so .... also, i ride my yamaha fz1 mainly on weekend days out which has narrower bars agin so maybe thats why I dont feel I have to input more counter steer as fatbob99 describes, I'm very happy with how the bike handles now but have also upgraded the rear shock which makes it alot more stable as well :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  8. I have just fitted the below handlebars on to my 1260 along with the Gilles riser kit I've had fitted for a while. The combination of these bars and risers without the additional 10mm spacer, with a bit of bar tilt to me, has made a big difference to my shoulder and middle back pain.

That and the bike feels more stable and I like the feel of these bars in the bends rather than the windsails on from factory.

https://www.sd-tec.de/en/item-1-705780025.html
    https://www.lsl-online.nl/nl/detail/2071169/superbike-stuur-alu-blauw.htm

20240702_234332.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Most definately, it makes you more compact behind the screen, easier in traffic and much more comfortable at speed

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information