Bassetts Pole - Any Point ?

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by tricolore, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Popped in on my way home last night, the place was mobbed, 2 other bikers in front of me turned round and went back.

Loads of loud quads, R1's and general stuff that I have absolutely no interest in, and to top it all not one Ducati ( may have been a SF in the corner ). Think if you pulled up on a brand new Ducati SL everyone would still stare at the loudest Fireblade.

Is it like that every Tuesday ?

2. Went a couple of times last year,came away thinking why bother?Perhaps Im just getting old.

3. Felt the same the last time I went, too many idiots riding like idiots

4. Although I come from just North of Lichfield and return fairly reguarly I have somehow managed to miss both Bassetts Pole and Coalville. I now live down South and go to Poole Quay a few times each summer Where there is a very wide selection of bikes including a number of Dukes. The main difference I think is size,BP is limited in size, Poole Quay is much bigger, although it does at times get overloaded even though it is probably ten times as big.

I have not been to Matlock Baths either but I assume it covers a large area like Poole so probably attracts a wider variety than BP.

5. you could ask this about any of the large bike meets

six hills & coalville are no better

been to these rarely do you see anything really interesting

better off to find a decent pub and enjoy a decent pint

• Like Like x 2
  6. If that's all you want to do - gawp at bikes all night, fair enough. I go to see some mates, have a coffee and have a chat (after a ride there). If you want to see interesting bikes, go to a f****** bike shop !

7. Top Tip.

Avoid bikey meety places.

• Like Like x 1
  8. really interesting classic, modified or custom bikes aren't generally in bike shops

most bike shops have standard unmodified bikes because these are a no risk easy to sell item

9. If you want to meet some mates just go to any McDonalds you don't have to suffer idiots asking you what tyres are you running, you bought the slow one have you, they go faster in red, I just pulled a wheelie in 4th gear......... unfortunately that's just my experience.

#9 tricolore, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Normally a good few of us in the Maccys carpark from about 7 onwards. Parking was better than normal this week as people had started to take the piss and block off bays last year.

Normally a good few highly modified dragstrip jap stuff, classic 2 strokes etc etc there if you look about.

I dont go there for the bikes these days but to hang about with my mates but its still a good night.

Only negative is the group that sit there smoking weed in front of the rozzers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. You're getting old. Box Hill was a much better place when it was full of nippers on LCs riding like loons. Bike meets are boring nowadays.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Godda say up north things arent as good as years ago. Never been to a southern meet so don't know.
    But some spots up here used to have a few hundred bikes. Now maybe 3 or 4 dozen. Used to love the old strokers.. Rgv'S 250, 500s etc just great smell and noise.
    In fact probably the most mental bike I rode was an rgv 500 - just bonkers.
    All very sedate these days

13. There's no difference, they're the same all across the country. Very sedate, as you say.

14. Because we all hang around talking to each other on forums instead.

15. Saves on fuel...

16. Is Bassets pole in Bassets Strip Club? If it is, there's plenty of points on display :upyeah:

17. If they get too fruity the fun police move in... upload_2014-4-20_9-13-1.jpeg

18. Yesterday we passed half a dozen or so bikers parked next to Emley mast, just chatting. SWMBO wondered how many conversations you could have about engines, petrol and tyres.

She doesn't understand biking :D

19. Sat With My Balls Out?!...

Bassets Pole only a few miles from me but never been tempted but then Im a miserable bastard who prefers the lone wolf approach to bikes.... The few times ive passed that way seems too full & the police presence is a bit off putting

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ive been there a few times and ive always had a great time especially when the fun starts.

Jeez the horror.If offered just say NO and pass it my way especially if its some nice cheese or g13.

#20 matt#corse, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information