998 Belly Pan Fairing

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Wazza, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Hello here's my question

If I manage to fit a deep sump full 50mm exhaust to my matrix do I need to buy a belly pan and if that's right can I buy the 2 lower sections from an S model and fit them to the existing fairing or do I have to buy the whole fairing ?

2. You can certainly fit the two lower 998S sections to a stock 998\748R or any other flat sided genuine fairing following that with either the stock original or as I did a carbon race bellypan.

Some race bellypans have a lowered section to clear the deep sump so they are another alternative. I hope that answers your second question, maybe someone who has done this mod. can advise whether you actually need to fit a bellypan in the first place.

3. I would say they come with a 50mm system, being a 998.

4. I do know that Stock 998 Bip is 45mm, as I have a 998 and 998S is 50mm and I believe the Matrix was also stock 45mm.

5. Correct :)

6. Yes I have baby exhausts,but I do believe that you can fit a 50 with a bit of luck just trying to get everything ready before fitting

7. I don't think you'll need a bellypan exhaust-wise...

But I think you do need one aesthetic-wise... It just looks way better!!!

8. I have 2 bottom panels if interested .

9. Cool condition ? Price? Message me please

10. I am a bit lost on this thread. Are not normal road panels all the same? With a dirty big hole in the bottom? To fit a full race type belly pan a the the side fairing lower panels would need to be cut to accept a race belly pan? Or am I losing the plat again?

11. The 998S does not have a full belly pan the 998RS type does. As can be seen below, there is no ability to catch oil or overflow. A 998RS style bellypan does and will fit on 998S\R panels only but not on stock 998.

It is possible to cut a stock 998 panel to take a 998RS style bellypan but accurate cutting would be essentially, I have seen it done once though with good results.

Capture777.JPG

12. Thanks for the pic really very helpful has anyone got any carbon lowers from e-bay any good ?

13. On my old 916 i had my lower panels cut to fit the 998R bellypan... Not a biggie! ;-)

Just take your time and don't think it'll fit with just one cut... I spent like 1,5hour per panel just to have em fit perfectly...

14. Well I ve the fitted the deep sump 50mm to her now it went on really well the only problem was the left hand fairing bottom was touching the exhaust I just removed a couple of mm from the fairing for now but I will get a belly pan
    She ran really sweet which I was surprised as I thought I would need a different ECU as the one at the moment is for 45mm with ternignoni and now she has a 50mm termignoni I ve got a 998r 50/54 61600.630.00 one to try but have not had the chance yet will the 998r work does anyone know

15. You will need significant dyno time to get any benefit from a 54mm half system if any. Bigger isn't necessarily better in this case. Andy

16. I m only running a full 50mm on my matrix I ve got an ECU saying 50/54 but I did think that the 61600.630.00 was for 50mm road pipes but I don t really know just trying to find out

17. I have a 996 and modified my lower fairings to fit a carbon 996r bellypan (pics on this forum) and am sure sebimoto which is where i bought the bellypan from also had the 998fe/bostrom lowers but obviously they will need painting. The bellypan was £125 and the two lowers were pretty cheap too from what i remember. Remember to get the road bellypan as the rs version is for use with the longer mag swingarm so will foul the tyre on yours. Just pm me if you want any info.

18. Thanks for info you chaps on here are help I m thinking Carbon at the mo but if I ca nt save the pennies I ll give you a buzz

19. Sebimoto supply to race teams such as tech3 and the stuff is pretty good and fits very well unlike alot of the rubbish on ebay. They have the full sealed oil bellypan or the street version for 65euro in grp or 150euro in carbon. They also stock the full side fairings as on the final edition, 65euro for grp or 195euro for carbon which is a brilliant price. Side fairing lowers are also available. I am not a seller, just a bloke who spends far too much money and time searching for goodies. I meant if you want any info on quality, fit, pics etc. sebimoto have a good site.

20. Cool thanks I will check them out thanks for info, I ve spent too much on the wrong parts that's why now I ask others, I will need a belly pan as I ve got a 996r motor to fit in her but looking a giving it a tune up first ,like the carbon as I would not paint it but would look ok with a green top and carbon bottom not sure yet

Do Not Sell My Personal Information