best insurance deals at the moment

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Thing, May 9, 2012.

1. dreaded insurance time :frown:
    had a bit of a shock .
    had huge increase this year on the policy has gone from £362 full comp with CIA last year to £995 :eek:this year with CIA
    started ringing around MCE the best so far down to £593 but still a big hike over last year
    two bike policy ducati 1098R & H/D V Rod, 43 yrs old, 8yrs no/claims ,clean licence
    anyone reccomend any other companies to get better price
    cheers

2. My son's doubled this year!! Even with extra years no claims, clean licence, access to a car as well. Shopped around and got a better deal but still more than last year.

Have you tried getting a quote as a new customer with your existing insurer? Mine went up a lot with Carole Nash renewal quote for multi bike from £300 to over £400 for 749, 800 monster and 600 diversion, I'm well over 50, 4 years no claims, licence since 20 yrs old, never had accident, points etc. But I insured again through Carole Nash by going on line as a new customer. Exactly same policy conditions but as new customer only £303. Fully comp.

#2 DaffyDuc, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
  3. insurance going through the roof im afraid. All a big scam but unfortunately we have to pay as a legal requirement so people can sue for whiplash.

With extra no claims on car and bike, my insurance has nearly doubled and doubled from the year before...daylight robbery if you tell me

4. Insurance does not go down anymore. My traders policy goes up about £300 per year even though I have extra NCB.

5. Its not all doom and gloom renewed car insurance on line and its gone down to £145 (with the AA) fully comp protected no claims, bikes are due for renewal in July see what they are i might be less happy then.

6. As with all other discussions on the subject of insurance - it depends on a load of factors, as what is cheap for one person may not work out for someone else....

However I've gone with Swinton Bikes - they have a 25% online discount and £30 promo code offer. Worth a try mebbe?

Bike Insurance Quotes | Motorcycle Insurance | Swinton Bikes

7. I have been with Swinton for three years but like all other companies the prices have shot up this year. Cheapest for me was 'The Bike Insurer' using MCE but I was told about Adelaide Insurance Services who guarantee to beat your lowest quote by 10%.

I got my 848 insured through them for around £140 fully comp protected, legal cover, breakdown cover, £400 excess, still dearer than last year but cheaper than anyone else.

8. Last year with two bikes Carole Nash was best for me , now I'm down to one bike Swinton's via comparethemarket was cheapest and there's the added bonus of the meerkat which will end up on ebay as extra discount .

9. Farewell, Ducati Insurance

Been with these guys for nine years and they were always decent at renewal time.

Alas the latest quote, received this month, was silly. When I phoned them to discuss it, the premium increased a fair bit from the one quoted in the letter! They couldn't get anywhere near what others were quoting and they weren't actually trying.
    When I said I was gutted to have to leave them, they just agreed that it's a shame.

I guess Ducati Insurance are opting out of insuring Ducatis now. Oh well.

So now I am with RAC/Devitts. I hope they are decent!

10. Just renewed with Ducati insurance

£215 fully comp for an ST4S , i'm happy with that !

11. Been with Devitt for a few years. Renewal this year was double last years premium.

Searched online and ended up with Motorcycle Direct, applied online as it was cheaper than they could do over the phone. New policy is about £5 less than I paid Devitt last year. Unhappy I've had to mess around and change, but, happy with the outcome.

12. On the one hand ... I'm happy you're happy! :upyeah:

And on the other hand - those ******* bastards! Seriously. Bastards. :mad:

13. Just been quoted for the forthcoming Multistrada and my old 900 ss £271 fully comp 90 days European cover. Had a dual bike policy with carole nash for my 900 and 996 £241 taken out January. when I come to cancel it however, I get nothing back! ....pants. Therefore I wont be cancelling it! anothey years transferable no claims bonus.

14. Just insured my triumph tt600 and Ducati 916 fully comp for 209. What seemed to cause most issues was the fact that the 916 is kept in g/friends parents locked garage 10 miles away. Some refused to quote purely on that basis.

15. If you do the comparison thing like I do, MCE always come out the cheapest.
    But beware, they are utter bastards when it comes to admin charges (£40) and getting refunds, Christ knows what they'd be like in the event of a claim!

16. I'm insured with Bike Devil (MCE I believe)... prices were by far the cheapest and there is no excess (well actually there's £1100 but it's covered) and NCB protection. I hope I'll be happy with them in a long run.

17. I have just inquired with these as i have to get the Ducati insured and got a very good quotation back as follows
    Moto Guzz 1000SP agreed value £4500
    Suzuki GT750 Agreed value £6500
    Honda 400/4 £2000
    Ducati Pantah told them £4750(as per the one on ebay)

All for £193.88

now i class that as very good

Classic motorcycle insurance

18. Argh. Just, fucking argh. Why did I practically give away my old Kettle? :mad:

Sounds a very good deal on the premium :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Loz some of them in imaculate condition are going for 10 grand +
    . A knackered imported needing a total rebuild will be £2000

20. No really, thanks a bunch! :rolleyes:

:biggrin:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information