1200 DVT Better Acceleration: Dvt Or Earlier Mts 1200

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by LarryRox, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Traded a 2013 S Touring for a DVT here in the States. Comparing the two bikes, stock, on power alone, the 2013 sure seemed faster. Any non-U.S. owners make the switch from old to new and have a view on this?

2. A few are saying the same as the engine is smoother. May be a feel rather than reality thing tho

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. A comparison of torque curves would be interesting. I suspect that the midrange on the DVT would be greater, providing better but smoother acceleration, whilst the non-DVT just feels more raucous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I think the DVT has far more top end, previous model,much stronger around 3000rpm to maybe 6000rpm. You might find off the line the older bike might be in front for first gear,then t DVT will punch ahead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. In the words of that great man on telly, with the big collar.
    There's only one way to find out-------------FIIIIIIGHT :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have a 2010 with a full Termi system. I spent the first week of June riding about 1000 miles on a 1200 DVT. I am in absolutely no doubt that the DVT accelerates faster. Up to around 5,000 the old bike is less smooth but possibly more responsive to the throttle but when the DVT reaches about 5,500rpm it just takes off with, a very impressive noise from the airbox.

7. I agree with you Derek, having had a 2011 with a Leo-Vince.
    I think if you went down your faveroute twisties with the old calipers it would feel even quicker!

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information