Biggest Loss Of The Year, So Far....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Personally, I think it's Bowie.

2. Tough one.. I'm going to go with Luis Salom, purely based on his age - he had so much more to come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. The tens of thousand of un-named men & hard working women in societies who are overlooked by this modern 'celebrity dead hero status' culture. Frankly it boils my piss how people paid huge amounts of money for entertaining & distracting people from the robustly industrious elite tax-dodging scumbags who dictate to others how things should be become the shining examles of homage & adulation.

So for me the working men & women of society get my vote.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. When it happens, it'll be Bruce Forsyth

5. true but im going with philoldsmobile on this one.. fucken sad.. rip 39 x

6. Bowies death still hurts. I was in tears that day, it brought out emotions I didn't know I had.

7. Muhammad Ali RIP

8. I'm with gunzanbomz, anyone losing there life is very sad, particularly before there time, I'm sure Andy will say his sister was the biggest loss, last year it was my brother at 64, I don't miss the celebrities so much although they have entertained many they have generally had a very good live beforehand.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. much as i loved cassius clay and he was shit hot, he was 74.. not a bad innings. im not saying its no loss but we've had a moto2 rider pass this weekend who was 24..

10. Ali. Not only great at what he did, truly inspired a nation of black people to feel differently about themselves as well as stood up those murdering the locals in Vietnam.

Laterly choosing to come out from a self-determined reclusive lifestyle to show Parkinson's disease can hit anyone and you can live with it.
    Truly Great Man

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. If I had to pick ,I would go for L Salom.As said above ,so young , while the others were getting on anyway.

12. There are plenty of violently aggressive fighters in the world and plenty of non-violent anti-war people too, but the categories are mutually exclusive. Then there is the example of just one man who was the world's greatest fighter in the ring and the most committed anti-war protester in the world at the same time - the unique Muhammad Ali.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. :upyeah: spot on Steve. A death at any time is devastating for the families and friends and whilst I'm happy to offer my thoughts and sympathies having gone through it myself, I don't feel the strength of emotion for the death of a total stranger however famous. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  14. Get what you're saying and agree entirely. Either your relationship is strange or you are strange if the death of someone you dont know but admire is more important than that of a very close loved one

When we think about loss from a wider view, biggest impact someone has made on society, celebrities are the ones everyone thinks about. But there are many local hero and heroines, who made their life reason one to improve, challenge or make differences tooters whether its a teacher who spent their entire life supporting tens of thousands of children, a surgeon who saved hundred or thousands of lives or the person who created a cure (for example) for HIV that means it is no longer an early death sentence

My answer was one of thankfulness for someone who did make a difference to millions of lives, whether in entertainment or political statements and latterly supporting disability charities and awareness. I can't say I feel emotional.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information