Bmw K1200rs For Sale

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by densel16, Jan 6, 2017.

1. IMG_0041.PNG IMG_0042.PNG IMG_0040.PNG IMG_0043.PNG IMG_0044.PNG IMG_0039.PNG IMG_4653.JPG IMG_4654.JPG IMG_0041.PNG View attachment 81570 IMG_0042.PNG View attachment 81572 IMG_0040.PNG IMG_0043.PNG IMG_0044.PNG I bought this about 4-5 months ago and have been to France and back in comfort. However, I don't like it and I'm buying another duke so it has to go. It's a 2001, k1200rs, adj screen, abs with brembo calipers all round, heated grips, 12v aux power point, gear indicator, fuel Gauge and light, clock, not June 17, BMW luggage (top box not included), goodridge hoses, Bridgestone tyres and original toolkit. £1500. For the avoidance of doubt, the BMW plate was taken off by the previous owner. The bike is also a cat D as it was dropped off the side stand by the previous owner and has a scratch on the frame spar, above the right hand foot peg. I also have a pair of foot peg lowering plates and gear shift lowerer (these were fitted when I bought it and obscure the scratches, but I have removed them) and these are supplies in the sale. The bike looks and drives immaculately. With all this in mind I consider it to be a lot of bike for the money and have ridden "two up" with my girlfriend with no dramas. Due to the telelever front end, it does not dive under braking and does not squat under acceleration because of the paralever rear end. It has a silky smooth 1200 inline 4 and is happy to go from 30mph to 140mph in 6th with no snatchyness or vibes. I am not in a rush to sell it, so the price is firm. I hope this makes things clearer. Dave
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

#1 densel16, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  2. Hi is the BM still for sale? whats the mileage?

3. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TOP BOX?

4. Yes but it's in a sorn now. I put it on eBay and the guy who won said he had lost his job and backed out.!! Is is a cat d, as it was dropped off the side stand and has a scratch on the frame( not an issue for me), hence the price. It has 57,000mls on it now but I haven't ridden it for a couple of months as I've just bought a Cagiva elefant. I hope this helps. Dave

5. I'm keeping I t for the heffalump.!!

6. Hi, does it include the reg plate?

7. Yeah for an extra £2000. Do you seriously think I would be selling the plate that's worth more than the bike for that much. !!!???? The plate was removed by the previous owner, that's why it has another plate on the other pic.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I would love that bike as I owned a 2004 GT version of it once. I would not need the plate either as it would get a French one. Trouble is that I doubt that BMW would issue a Certificate of Conformity for a bike of that age.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. I dont know about this cert. I thought that being a Euro bike it would be ok? Ce la vie

10. You would not be able to register it here without great expense without the CofC. I think the rule for bikes was that BMW must offer one for any bike made after 2003. I had one for my 2004 R1100S and it was easy to register here.
    Registration can be a pain without the CofC but other things are easier, for example no road tax or MOTs on bikes, swings and roundabouts I suppose.

11. I don't know how this is applicable. My. Ike was made in 2001. No worries.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information