Borough Council Ban On More Than 2 Motorcycles Riding Together? Unbelievable!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Todders, Sep 4, 2024.

• Funny Funny x 2
  1. By the time Keir Stalin is done that'll be the least of our worries :D

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. I read that as it’s the local council not the government as such!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Your Title is misleading.

It's not the goverment, but a local council.
    If it ever came to pass (which I doubt), it would be unenforcable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Sorry, I'll try and change that now...

5. Nothing would surprise me, local council one day, government the next...give it time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Filed alongside “apparently the pubs have been told to take down all the England flags”

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sorry about the title, yes, it should read "Borough Council' and not 'Government'... still trying to correct that...

8. Typical MCN hype and doomsaying, the PSPO has been suggested as a way to combat the local problem associated with car cruising and illegal car meets, not motorcycles. I’ll not be holding my breath any time soon. Andy

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Same principle though. Ban the cars is just as unacceptable.

It’s like the law created to combat hoodies that means you and three mates can’t stand having a chat on a street corner or risk arrest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Right ... because car cruising and dicks in car parks in chavved up Corsa's are really the same as motorcycles of course .. :D

I wouldn't worry about it, this BS has surfaced before and then it disappears again. The old bill already have their section 59 warnings to give out to idiots.

• Like Like x 1
  11. there is a law that says four people can’t gather together in public and wear hoodies? Which law is that?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Slow news day at MCN?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. They are the same. And the point that there is already things in place seems often lost on those in power looking to tighten the noose on freedom more and more

14. You and I will have to disagree on that. There are 6 owners of highly modified cars that live on the same housing estate as I do and all of them have exhausts that would fail the 105db static noise test, if the vehicles were MoT’d with those exhausts fitted. I’m thoroughly pissed off with the noise, turbo waste gate dumping, screeching tyres and vehicles exceeding the 30mph speed limit at all hours of the day and night. The local traffic officers are far too thin on the ground to do anything. Either that or they have other priorities. Andy

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. There is. May be 3 actually. I’d need to google but it’s been used to disperse bike meets, car meets, football fans, all sorts.

16. Pretty sure many or more would say the same about bikes if you live in an area like A32/A272

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. A much more posh area than where I live which is why the council and traffic officers are doing something about it :D Andy

18. Thread title amended and moved to lounge

• Like Like x 1
  19. MCN are terrible for stories like this, they have been doing it for years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information