Box Hill 10th March

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Bikerbabe, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Hi All,
    Planning to meet at Ryka's, Box Hill at 10.30 am on Saturday. This is the monthly meeting started by Philb - he hopes to be there, four wheels or two!

Anyone want to meet up from "down south" and ride up there??

Sorry - I should have said "weather dependent" !

2. I was toying with the idea of getting to Ryka's Café for just after 10:00. Happy to meet up, two suggestions:

• 09:15 - McD's @ Buck Barn, Crossroads of A24/A272: (RH13 8LW)
    • 09:30 - Shell Horsham/BroadBridge Heath: Guildford Rd, HORSHAM, RH12 3NS

3. Ooopps no not started by me this was going before my time! However it will be good to keep it going as most people know of Ryka's at Boxhill, nice little ride for our London owners and also the Coastle owners!
    I don't think I will be on Two Wheels as the knee won't be up to it! What could happen is the four wheels could be used not just to get me there but could also be used to take CAKE yes CAKE to the mornings meeting!!
    We also need an inviting name for the South East group something really social and catchy need some good ideas guy's
    Looking forward to the tenth::)

4. Hope to make this meet work and weather permitting. Be coming from Eastbourne.

5. See you all there

sorry BB but this meet goes back way, way further than Phil, and he'd be the first to say it.

Btw, first one to post up traditionally brings the cake going by the last 5 meets! :rolleyes:

6. Uh-huh........ !!!!!

"sorry BB but this meet goes back way, way further than Phil, and he'd be the first to say it." ..... Surely this makes Philb as old as the dinosaurs?? !!!!

7. err no, that's the whole point - he's a spring chicken ;)

8. Its amazing what that 'Oil of Olay' can do Chris and BB! However it does taste really Cr_p they should offer it in different flavours;)

The 2nd Sat of the month thing has been happening whey before me! also the Wed evening meeting at Boxhill thats been going on for donkey's years!
    If I recall I think 'Sweetpea' from the old site! Started the baking thing! she had all you guy's lusting after her 'Drizzel Cake' MADE WITH LEMONS!:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  9. nah, further still - some will recall the time Sid pulled a wheelie on his tuned up Cucciolo while going up hill, 'course that was when we used to meet up the top.

10. Won't be there this time....have friends staying for wknd. Hey ho s'pose that means more cake for everyone else.

11. While baking a cake! ready steady cook eh! He He He!

12. Shouldn't that be "Hairy Bikers" (present company excluded!!!)

13. Who you calling 'Hairy' ??? :eek:

14. Yee haa! I'm now really itching to ride after last weekends disappointment so looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday (PLEASE PLEASE NO RAIN!! Can't get my nice shiney Duc wet now can I :cool:

15. A couple of mates have offered to take me to box hill from Eastbourne as i dont know the way via horsham. Should be at boxhill by 10.30 ish. Where will you all be?

16. As mentioned, I can't make it to this one, but our bunch of locals usually meet up at Washington Triumph at about 9:45. Maybe some of them may reply if they're doing that.

From Horsham you just can't go wrong. Go up the A24 towards Dorking and carry on up A24 towards Leatherhead. Box is signposted and is off a roundabout about a mile north of Dorking. They all congregate in the rear parking area I.e. the one furthest from roundabout. They will be found nattering around the bikes or hanging around near some of the tables by the cafe. As Sue says they will be there about 10:00 to 10:30. Sorry to miss you but catch up on another meet soon.

17. I'm happy to do the honours.
    I will be at Washington Triumph from 9.30 am to 9.45 am. Then depart for Box Hill. I ride a Monster 696.
    Any takers - please join up! :eek:
    Happy days :cool:

18. As these options don't logistically tie in BB, I'll probably aim see you at Ryka's. My plans may need to change for tomorrow & won't know until the morning, so anyone reading my earlier post, please disregard & join up with BB if you wish a southern group ride-in.

19. Hi, looks like i will be making my own way to boxhill now so if its ok i will meet the group at Washington Triumph, if its not raining that is. Wont be later then 9.30.

20. Sorry to miss you this time Hugh. Next time mebbe. In the meantime - keep an eye out for young Dikadams on here as he's over your neck of the woods. He's got a yeller one :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information