Brake Issue On V2s Multi

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Malcvtr, Jan 13, 2024.

1. Has anyone found the definitive cause of the following problem which I believe others have had:

First pull on the front brake lever has longer travel than then second pull. In other words, it takes one pull before it firms up.

I did the master cylinder bleeding procedure on the master cylinder which did nothing to improve things.

I took it to Ducati Worcester and told them about the issue. They bled the front brakes, but this did nothing either. As soon as I pulled the lever, same issue. To be honest, I was a bit pissed off because it was obviously not solved and, stupidly, I just rode off thinking I’ll go somewhere else…

I’ll take it back to them if necessary when things get a bit warmer, but it would be great if I could tell them what causes the problem.

Many thanks for any advice/thoughts.

2. I’d put a new seal kit in the master cylinder

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks. Good thought.

4. I just put up with this until the annual service was due. Had it done yesterday at Ducati Worcester and discussed the issue.

Voila! There is a service bulletin update, apparently, which sorts the issue via a different bleeding method. Issue fixed! Very happy with firm brake now

5. They are Brembo M4.32 calipers rhe same as the Panigale 899/V2? I believe so, if that’s the case then I’d say it’s the same as on all the Panigale models 89/959/V2. Super frustrating, some have replaced the master cylinder, others the calipers. But it’s not just your bike.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information