Bt016 Not Good

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by nice1myson, May 16, 2015.

1. The standard fitment on my bike BT016 are shite :(
    I am after some tyre advice , my riding is fast road and a few track days ,longevity would be great but overall trusting the tyre is my main concern as the BT016 are not inspiring me :(
    I understand its peoples different opinions but i would like to see other peoples views on there tyre choices and experiences :upyeah:

2. i use dunlop sport max d211 gp racers for track and road amazing when they get warm.

3. Diablo Rosso Corsa's work well for me. Fast road with the occasional track outing, even fairly good in the damp/cold. Used on my current bike (999) and the previous 2, 675STR, Gsxr750.

OGR

4. Nothing wrong with the bridgestones

I found pressures made quite a difference, with lowering rear to 36 having big impact, 32 front suited me

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. I've just got rid of the bt 016s on my 848. I really didn't get on with them. Felt really slow to steer and I found the bike didn't feel stable mid corner. I'm now back to Pirelli supercorsa diablos and I've got my 848 back. Miles better for the bike IMHO

6. entirely different tho, 3k plus miles vs 1200 lifespan

The BTs certainly have a flat profile and you can genuinely run off the front on track, and they don't have as much edge grip but tbh I found them excellent road tyre

7. Anything Pirelli is brilliant. I hated the standard BT016's on my old ninja too. Constantly felt like it wanted to tuck the front

8. My Pirelli aren't brilliant

9. Dunlop Sprtsmart 2. Work well for me even in the wet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. You're doing it wrong then [emoji6]

Everyone's different but I like the sharper steering profile. The bike just drops on its ear.

12. you run them well below suggested pressure 42 rear and 36 front

13. liking the pirelli diablo supercorsa just wondered what mileage to expect

14. I got nearly 3000 miles out of my first set. Fronts tend to wear out at the same rate as rears so you can't just swap out the rear which is a bit of a hit. I got about 4500 out of the bt 16s before the rear was squared off but for smiles per mile they don't compare (for me at least). I reckon there was another 3000 in the front tyre. Might suit a naked better with slower steering?

15. i rode my 848 for a day with the old dragon supercorsas on from Galsgow to Manchester in torrential rain all the way. they were horrible. sure theyd have been fine on a dry track, they cooled down really quick and spun up leaving every roundabout.
    i had sportsmart 2's fitted the next day, got them on my other bike too. ive had about 4000miles out of the rear on the 848 with a fair amount of abuse. the other bike will probably get PR4's next as i use it mainly in winter and for longer trips.

16. Try Metzler Racetech Interact K3s. Road legal and I did 6 hard track days with plenty of life but then they got shagged on a dyno. Currently running Metzler M7RRs on the Multistrada and they are really good. Andy

17. I've heard good things about the Metzlers too. My riding is 99% dry so the Pirellis are no issue. I did do the Donnington Ducati day a couple of years ago in torrential rain with them though. It's interesting spinning up along the main straight! I then rode home on them too. I don't think I've ever been so wet!

18. I would get 1200-1500 miles out of a front and 1800 max from a rear SC hence I swapped to B'stone. Plus I wanted to do some winter riding and Sc dont LIke the wet

19. Anything that's a Dunlop

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Run my road tyres at those pressures as I do not carry a pillion.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information