Cafe Corse.

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Drinky, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Met a mate for breakfast there this morning, first time since Moto Corse went pop (only to reopen in their old place a week or so later) Was speaking to the cafe manager about plans for the cafe, the building owner bought the cafe outright and has kept the whole team on the payroll, they are putting in a coffee/beer bar in the main section of building, redeveloping a patch of land into a car park and converting the upstairs into various meeting room type area’s. The new owner has a fantastic bike and car collection (sponsors Mason Law in GP2) which he’s loaning to the cafe to provide some eye candy.
    Overall its going to be very nice to visit and the food is still very nice. 8BB6C01C-7FA2-4CA1-BD07-9BE366D3799B.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Good to know, my only issue is that I don’t enjoy the roads down towards there. I always go in on the way past

3. Where is it?

4. Gillingham. For me it's in that sort of bumpy B road middle of nowhere or straight ridiculously busy A road territory, there aren't really any good roads that I've found to ride down there.

That said, I still ride to Chipping Cambden and the Lechlade/Burford/Chipping Cambden road isn't exactly amazing, but the cafe there is.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Gillingham in Dorset not Kent. Route wise it depends which way your going, Shaftesbury to Gillingham is OK and there are some great roads from the sw to Wincanton avoiding the A303.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. I've never being entirely sure exactly how girder forks work and move but would I be correct in thinking that on the new Brough the headlight and fly screen mounting would mean they bob up and down with the forks themselves.

7. Looking at that collection no wonder the business went belly up, he was clearly clearing them out of stock on the cheap :joy:

I see MV have aligned themselves with KTM and plan selling their bikes through KTM dealers (not sure if that Inc UK) don’t know how this affects MotoCorsa mkII if they plan to carry on selling MV’s?

8. The bikes are owned by the building owner (Chedington Estates) not sure if there was a business connection with Moto Corse.

9. Could be worth a visit. Did you not take any food pictures?

10. There is a financial link between the building owner and brough superior which included a massive commitment of bikes to buy for sale in the dealer, it's one of the reasons it went tits up. Don't be surprised if they start trying to sell brough out of that 'Cafe'....

BTW, last I hear, KTM weren't interested in going with the new owner to ashmore, it doesn't fit their brand image and the location doesn't work for them. Where as MV just need dealers, and tbf Moto Corsa were probably one of their best dealers.

11. Seems like too much of a coincidence to me? Clearly there was someone with money in the background at MotoCorsa to go from the “cow shed” at Ashmore to that showroom in Gillingham?

12. Certainly not. Imagine two sausages, two pieces of bacon a couple of fried eggs, a bowl of beans (poncey imo) a couple of hash browns and toast.

13. Foods always been good.

14. Are we talking butchers sausages, or council sausages? Thick cut or thin bacon? Pictures would have been ideal. Next time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. It will never happen.

16. Can’t have been that good then! :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. The road from Moto Corsa to Bruton is excellent, unless of course you don’t like bends.

• Like Like x 1
  18. There are some cracking roads in the area if you get off the 303.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information