California Superbike School - thinking of going in 2014

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Dubs, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Myself and my compatriot here "rdryder " are looking into California Superbike School UK: Welcome for next year.

They've done a couple of travelling shows here to Mondello track but we never went. So next April maybe we may head over.

All reports reckon its pretty incredible.

Who's been, what did you learn ? ( We hear corner is what its all about ).

:upyeah:

G42_21MaySStone-21.jpg

G42_21MaySStone-21.jpg

2. You'll get lots of opinions/experiences from others on here but here's mine. I did level one last year at Silverstone, enjoyed it from a confirmation point of view but felt that I didn't learn a lot. However that said everyone I've spoken to has said that you start to learn from level two, so you should budget for at least two modules which ain't cheap.
    PIE intended to do level two this year but haven't got round to it.

3. Buy the book 'twist of the wrist 2', read it, practice and if you're in track riding get an mcn track guide. I've gone from mid inters group to mid fast group this year....

4. As Peo, did the same, went from low inters to winning Dd club races and mid fast group on 50hp at most tracks over 2 seasons. Be prepared to go slower before you go faster. Enjoy and practice

5. Cheers lads...

Gonna be doing the level 1 & level 2, thats the plan. Will cost a few quid but will start saving now.

( we also have to get to Germany next year - best fookin roads on the planet ).

6. Very true Bradders, it all clicked for me one day after riding donnington in the wet... Slowed me down, made me hit apexes then when it dried up I was a different rider!

7. Getting excited now !!!

Funny, done a couple of laps of the nurburg ring on a previous trip couple of yrs ago - LOVED IT!. I loved it but aint been compelled to d oa track day...dunno why. But up for this.

:biggrin:

#7 Dubs, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
Do Not Sell My Personal Information