Can You Guess What This Is?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Topolino, Oct 20, 2024.

1. This fell out of my front frame whilst disassembling my Panigale V4. It was not something I had inadvertently dropped in there so it has to have been lodged inside from the factory, knowing what it is. The question is can you guess what it is and where it came from? First to guess correctly will win a CNC Racing key ring. I will post a new clue each day until someone guesses correctly.

1st clue: There are two of them originally

20241020_200739.jpg 20241020_200728.jpg 20241020_200719.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thumbellina’s caps

3. Head of shear bolts, presumably for ignition mounting? I've never seen a Panigale so can't be sure if they have a bolted on key.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Take a bow NZDave. That didnt take long. Yes spot on. It is the shear off head from one of the ignition switch bolts. Last V4 i took apart the frame was full of swar. I mean lots of it !
    Send me your adddress viia PM and ill send the key ring off to you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. No worries, I don't need the key ring, give it to someone or keep it yourself.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I thought the looked like bolt caps that tidy the looks, so close

7. OK.

8. Ah, the famous Ducati random bolt game. I was once at a Bristol Italian bike meet (along with some members of the forum) where my 748 decided it didn't need an engine bolt and as we were revving our bikes as part of the show... It just creeped its way out until the bloke next to me said 'I think you need that' as he pointed down to the long bolt, free from it's shackles :D

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information