Cartagena- November

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by abmatt2002, May 5, 2012.

1. Hi. I'm looking at booking a track day there with focused in November. Emailed them about weather history and still no reply.
    Whats the weather generally like then? Can I expect warmish, dry days or does it tend to be a bit 'hit and miss'?

Any advice appreciated.

Matt

2. I did Portimao in Nov last year, up until that event No Limits had never had rain. Well it pissed down for a day an a half, so much so that they hav bought the dates or ward a fortnight for this years event.

3. Cartagena.............Im going too in the autumn, with around another 6 ducati riders. But NO WAY with fucced up Deviants. 26th-29th October with Hottrax Motorspsort FOUR days on track...........

Portimao was wet last year, a bit of a bummer really. I spent 2 days wandering around the garage with a hangover instead of riding. But we did raise a load of money with our Simo memorial stickers.

#3 Cranker V2, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
  4. I did it about that time of year 2010 and it was mid 20's all week.
    Cranker, i booked me and the Mrs in for the same event a few weeks ago. I'll be on my 996 (hopefully) and the Mrs on her zxr400.
    Have you booked your flights yet? If so who with and how much?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Matt, the best advice i can give you is, do the same event as me and cranker.
    4 days on track. an endurance race for fun on the last morning. 475 (i think, its about that) inc. hotel and transport.
    Its an awesome track with good facilities and good weather. I've been 3 times now and stay on for an extra week as a holiday in san Pedro which is where hottrax book there hotel.
    Go on. you know you want to :)

6. Hi John,

flights will manchester - murcia or alicante. We are staying for one extra night. Girlies are coming with us too, but none riding (bikes anyway). What is the hotel and san pedro like? We do like to have a relax after a day on track....:upyeah:

7. Its really nice, basic but nice. good bar at night, good Chinese about 2min walk away, really good pizzarea about 10 mins walk. there's the beach about 10 mins away too. plenty of little bars and restaurants around. A small swimming pool and sun loungers on the roof of the hotel.
    I love it there. me and the Mrs use it as our annual holiday.
    san Pedro is quite a sleepy little place no groups of kids hanging round, there was some building work going on last year but not near the hotel. The people are really friendly and helpful. i love the hotel and love the place itself. the track is awesome!

8. So women going to eh? Try t sell it again to the missus....

9. Would love too but not back from afghan then.

Matt

10. A very maverick way of financing the trip

11. The business case is in, just waiting CEO approval....

12. Well I've booked with FE at Cartagena for the 16th November, booked the flight to Alicante, just got a hire car to sort out. Really looking forward to it, just hope the weather holds out.

Hopefully the rest of this tour will fly by!

Matt

13. How're things in the desert?
    Been on a horse with no name? :biggrin:

14. 'Effing HOT- recorder temps of 52 in the day and 30at night. No aircon so just sweat to death. But hey, don't care really, earnig enough extra to do some special things to the bike when I get back.

Matt

15. Cartagena in November is pretty good weather wise, shouldstill see some of the flip flop brigade. Personally I try and fly into Murciaas its an easier drive and the airport isnt as confusing but it all depends onprices, and I think a lot of airlines have stopped flying there.

As for the circuit its excellent, more suited to a 600cc but still excellent

Do Not Sell My Personal Information