Castrol Oil Half Price At Asda

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by dickdastardley, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Ok not strictly a bike orientated post but just been in my local asda this morning and they have reduced Castrol Edge Titanium FST 5w-40 to £19/4l. Also they have the same in 0w-40 for £30 both reduced from around £40.
    It says they are both fully syntheticand meet API SN/CF, ACEA C3.
    Not strictly for bikes but I don`t suppose it`ll do any harm in the air cooled twin valve series engines short of gumming up the internals :0) . . .

2. Don't use full synth in your bike if it has the 'APTC' clutch dick, it'll ruin your gear change, its semi synthetic only for APTC clutch equipped bikes .

3. Update - offer is still on!
    Thanks, I have a proper rattly :)fearscream:) dry clutch aircooled engine - the clutch housing still has the `use Shell fully synthetic sticker` - so i`m safe lol! :smiley: . . .

4. Just been in this morning and the 5w/40 has been dropped to £9.50/4l. Fully synth premium brand oil for under a tenner has got to be a bargain, I suspect its an end of line clearance so move fast.

5. I use API SN 5/40 full synthetic in all of my bikes with wet or dry clutches and never had any problems.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information