For Sale Cbr900rr-n Fireblade

Discussion in 'Other Bikes For Sale' started by LDP, Dec 8, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMG_8313.jpg I've owned it since 2004, and I'm the second owner. 1992 on a 'J' registration. 33000 miles.

It's a reluctant sale, but I want different things from my motorcycling now, so sadly I'm selling this.

It's not a concours-condition bike, but it's a great example of an original FireBlade, in the best colours. It's in great condition for a 31 year old bike. The only non-original parts are the Akrapovic exhaust, period incorrect fork protectors and no chain guard. I bought it with a horrible white hugger that incorporated the chain guard. That was binned, and I've never replaced it with a standard chain guard.

In May last year, I had the following work done:

New tyres - Bridgestone BT016

Fresh brake fluid

Fresh coolant

New chain and sprockets

New air filter (pattern, Honda = obsolete)

New plugs

New o/e oil filter and a sump of fresh Motul

The carbs have been stripped, cleaned, new jets fitted, rebuilt and balanced.

The rocker cover gasket was replaced, too.

I have a good quality standard end-can that will be included and probably other small bits and pieces that I've accumulated over the years and forgotten about as I type this!

It's MOT'd until July, and a new battery was fitted at the same time.

I have an original '92 brochure and it appeared in three editions of Performance Bikes magazine back in 2011/12

IMG_8313.jpg

IMG_8589.jpg

I can provide more pictures as required.
    £4450.00 ONO.

• Like Like x 15
  3. Where are you located?

4. The bike is in East Kent.

5. Nice, great example. Perfect for sunday rides. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Niiice!…. I had a 93 in the black colour scheme..

DF2AFC35-10C1-4673-83A3-583C1B67AE35.jpeg

The first of 3 Blades that I owned and the first real “ super bike” that I owned, great groundbreaking bikes the early Blades !
    Yours looks a belter, glws :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SC28 is the best iteration IMO, mine was Black and Silver bought secondhand with about 60K on the dial.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Bloody gorgeous that! GLWS :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Looks mega that! Brought back happy memories of the last blade I had while living in Spain.

GLWS!

91AED2F0-DA30-470E-AEDD-17966A13AD00.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  10. Hi
    Looks a nice bike
    Do you have a few more pictures, especially the bike from the other side and any close ups.
    Cheers Russell

11. I'm planning to take some more pictures of the bike over the next few days, and I'll post them on here. I do have work and other commitments, but will do it asap.

12. Thank yoy

13. I meant thank you

• Like Like x 1
  14. I owned a 1992 blade same colour scheme twin headlight same as yours, great fun bike ran faultlessly, so smooth. I thought it was too fast for me to handle, iirc they're 120bhp, always scared me a bit, they had a bit of a rep for being a bit wild when released. Now i ride a 214bhp Ducati, i'm even more scared of it lol. Good imo, i appreciate i could easily come off it. Glws, looks lovely. Btw i paid £6500 for mine when it was 6 months old in 1992/93.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've had a couple of enquires about the bike, but it looks like it's sold now. A friend of a friend has agreed to buy it, and we've settled on February for the purchase to actually take place. I have no reason to doubt their intent, but should it not happen I'll update the thread and the interested parties in a couple of months.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Thread closed

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information