Choosing a trackday tyre for the wet

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Android853sp, Apr 4, 2014.

1. So after a successful 3 sunny days at Cartagena, I'm guessing that there is always the chance any trackday in the UK could be wet. I was very happy with the Metzler Racetec Interact K3s but have no experience of wets and although there was a little information in the forum having done a search, there is not enough to make an informed decision. I have searched the interweb and apart from the Michelin and Dunlop sites which proved too challenging to navigate, I came up with the Bridgestone Battlax E08Z/E05Z (although the rear appears to be an odd size 180/64/17) the Pirelli Diablo Rain, the Pirelli Diablo Wet (rear is 190/60/17), the Metzler Racetec Rain and the Metzler Racetec Wet (no sizes on the web page). The bike is a 748R and the wheels are the std Marchesini (forged ?) 3.5x17 front and 5.5x17 rear so I'm guessing 120/70 and 180/55 would be the right size combination although this assumption will rule out a Diablo Wet on the rear as its a 190/60. Some of the web information also inferred that you would use an inner tube with wets (?). Any advice and first hand experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Andy

2. Racetecs wet's are good, no inner tubes needed ( never heard of any that use tubes).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Wets are king...

4. Guess they are also round and black:D

5. We can now draw this thread to a close before it gets too silly. Had the good fortune to be in the right place at the right time for a change and got a brand new pair of Bridgestones at cost. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  6. Its amazing how tacky they are. Remember to soften everything down when you use them, or it will be like riding a bucking bronco!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information