749 Clutch Groan

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Skye Hook, May 20, 2024.

1. More work on my new old dog.
    The clutch has been dragging and juddering since I got it, a look on youtube suggested a pull apart and good clean so here are some pics from the job.

Clutch pulled apart, Ducati performance pressure plate and surround.
    stack height around 38.5, friction discs glazed, one pad fallen off.
    lots of rust and corrossion on the steels,not too badly notched on the basket however (7000 miles only)
    a clean up with scotchbrite belts and an air line before refitting
    lubed pushrod, pressure plate back on the correct location and screws done up to a '3' on the makita driver, may be a bit soft but we shall see.
    all back in place, new Oberon on the other side and a well pumped system including 'burp' valve.
    Works nicely in the yard but out for a spin this evening to check it all out.
    Also ordered new friction plates just in case we need to slip a little extra sausage in there.

NEXT JOB- throttle lines incorrectly routed, revs the tits off when you turn the bars..hmmm IMG_1122.JPG IMG_1123.JPG IMG_1124.JPG IMG_1125.JPG IMG_1126.JPG IMG_1127.JPG IMG_1128.JPG
    IMG_1121.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. So, did it work I hear you ask?
    well yes it did, considerably better thank you, although I may be tempted to pop a new friction plate in the stack at some time. IMG_1138.JPG

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information