V4 Clutch Slave/master Fix?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Paul46, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Wanted to see if anyone has actually got to the bottom of the issue with needing to bleed the clutch master every 500 miles.

I know it’s not an exactly a hard process but I dislike the inconsistency of the clutch bite and feel.

Has anyone actually cured this once and for all. I’ve been looking at Oberon clutch slaves which I’ll happily fit if it’s gonna cure the issue. I’ve seen that people have had success doing this with earlier models in the range but can’t find much info for V4 owners.

thanks in advance

2. My bike (2018) suffers from this affliction. It is going to have a fix applied to its pump at the next service. A friend who has the same bike with the same issue put me onto the fix and says that post-fix his bike no longer suffers.
    Part number is 61041991A and it is loosely described as ‘Floating piston kit’.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Ah awesome. Just had a quick search cheap enough and a easy enough job to do, I’ll try this before I go down the new slave route

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Just got done fitting this. Real quick and easy job if you have the tools and some very basic mechanical knowledge. Took no long than 20 minutes start to finish.

I didn’t even remove it from the bike. Just tilted the MC up a touch. Clamped off the hose from the resevoir. Swap it all over from there. Quick bleed at the MC job done.

I’ll report back in a month or so to see if it’s done the trick. There was no obvious damage to the seals on the old piston, possibly a little swelling of the rubber.
    If this doesn’t give me the consistent lever I’m hoping for out of a hydraulic setup, I’ll go down the route of changing the slave.

thanks

5. Will be interested how this goes. Its been a problem for a lot of bikes, for a lot of people, far too long. Am hoping this part is not just the same as the standard part, tho'.

#7 V4Missile, Dec 7, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I just bought this part for my 2012 1199S. Can anybody confirm it's the right part for all Panigales, old to new?

I've only had the bike for a short time and have not experienced clutch inconsistency yet, but wanted to be proactive with a winter fix. My part number is 61041991A. "Kit Flottante Pompa Friz Rad". Italiano!!
    Ciao,
    Greg
    Texas USA

EDIT: Disregard--just searched the part # and confirmed this is good for MANY Ducati models-

#8 greg328, Dec 24, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
  7. Just to give an update. So after a few month and some mileage, this his repair kit has 100% fixed my issue.
    I would definitely recommend it to anyone having a problem with this

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  8. looks like im ordering this, barely have any clutch left nowadays. Was about to bleed tomorrow but will add this kit to the fix.

9. Strangely enough, was at a local bike shop to get some tyres fitted to my rims and there was a v4SF in getting the clutch m/c working. They were unsuccessful. Brand new bike 500m.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information