Competition Werkes Exhaust With Termi Upmap

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Baldynapper, Aug 18, 2023.

1. Hello,
    I have a question, I have a 22 950 and have just fitted it with a Competition Werkes exhaust and a Termi Upmap (with DB killer) and now if I accelerate hard and change gear, usually 3-4 or 4-5 I get what feels like a double cut of the ignition, so you get the quickshifter cut to change gear and it does it again a split second later. Only seems to do it on hard acceleration. Just wondered if anyone else has had this or something similar?
    Gonna try going back to stock map tomorrow to see if its definitely the map doing it or the bike itself. I did change my front sprocket to a 14 tooth too so has this ever affected anyones quickshifter?
    Cheers

2. OK, fixed, upload_2023-8-19_17-16-48.gif for my bike anyway. My bike does not like 14 teeth front sprockets. So started the day with the Termi map, 14 tooth sprocket and a double cut/cough. So went back to standard map, went out, now although much less bike did double cough once, so better, BUT, I was losing my gear indicator intermittently, would either show neutral when in gear or just a line instead of a gear, then it would come back on and work fine. Read DTC codes using the upmap app and it showed gearbox speed sensor fault. So after worrying that the standard map that been loaded back on to my bike was somehow corrupt, the only other thing i had changed was the sprocket. The gearbox speed sensor sits just above the front sprocket and the very slight change in either diameter or speed is just enough to upset the sensor. So put the 15T back on still with the standard map and went back out. Gear indicator problem fixed. SO, loaded the Termi map back on with the 15T sprocket and we are all gravy. No double coughs anymore. I'd much rather the proper map for the bike and the exhaust and standard gearing knowing that I'm not running too lean, but also without the cut in power as it always seems to happen when you least expect it and its pretty disconcerting. Probably isnt that great for the bike either. Hope this helps someone out

Do Not Sell My Personal Information