1200 DVT Connecting A Non Ducati Gps

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by CARATZ, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Newbie here, out of Antwerp, Belgium.
    I just got my 1200S DVT. It's my second MTS, after the 2012 1200S GT.
    When I bought the bike, I ordered a Garmin Zumo 595 LM to be mounted on it. I don't like the Zumo 320 that is sold under the Ducati brand. The screen is too small to my liking.
    However, there is one HUGE problem. The 595 LM does not connect to the bike's Bluetooth under the satnav connection.
    Has anyone here experienced a similar problem. It's not unit related, I have tried connecting a 590, it doesn't work either. Professionally, I absolutely need to be able to be reached 24/7, even on a ride, hence the problem.
    Any kind of workaround, any kind of solution or suggestion would be welcome. Also, please note I use a Sena S 20 headset.

2. I don't think the bike is designed to have a GPS connected, its for phones I thought.

3. Not true. The manual says up to 5 bluetooth devices can be connected, and sat nav is one of the types.
    Start at page 242 of the manual for details of pairing.

I've seen discussions by others with 590s paired, so it must be possible.

4. Did you buy the S DVT, I'm not 100% sure the non S has the capability?
    The 590 works with my S version.

5. I don't use my bike's Bluetooth capabilities, choosing to link everything (phone, headset etc.) through the satnav (Garmin 590).
    To be honest, as long as you are using the satnav, I don't think the bike needs Bluetooth other than to connect to the phone's Multistrada app.

6. I have a zumo 660 which is a bit older and it won't connect to the bike. They both recognise each other but won't connect. I've ended up connecting the Zumo to the headset as I want the spoken directions

Do Not Sell My Personal Information