Considering Purchasing A Paso

Discussion in 'Ducati Paso' started by tiktokrick, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Hi all!

I'm fairly new to Ducati's (owned a 1200S MTS previously), I'm now looking at buying a Paso after seeing one in Cheshire a few years ago. It looked and sounded great!

I'm reasonably competent with maintenance, but wouldn't be looking to do the belts or anything like that myself.

I don't have a strong opinion between the 750 and the 900 models, but I haven't really dug into this yet.

What pointers or advice about buying / owning would people be willing to share please?

2. Not for a Ducati purist, derided by some as it didn’t have tubular exposed frame.

I owned one back in the day a 750 only thing that ever let down was the rectifier in 2-3 years of riding. Great Mile muncher fuel gauge is a lying piece of junk, tyres choice would be an issue if you buy the original 16 inch wheels version I should guess by now. Ensure you do lock the tailpiece in position as if you don’t it’ll be an impossible replacement now I should think. Please don’t ask me how I know………..

The well nuts are a pain up the ass if they’ve been overtightened, the Weber carbs are a pain apparently but I had no issue with mine on the 750. You may find it may have had a carb swap as that appears to have been a popular mod. The 904 were both carbed and injected, for me I’d go carbed version……

If I were to consider one now I’d want the side bodywork off to see what lurks beneath, that fully enclosed fairing can hide so much. I seem to recall the mirrors fall off in contact with other objects as they’re push fit but I may be mis remembering (30 years ago now). However they were the best mirrors for position in all my days of biking.

Oh yes and you’ll need a sense of humour when out as the amount of jokers who’ll tell you you’ve painted your screen is fkn endless.

There was a Paso in my local ish dealer at a surprisingly realistic price for him.

Good luck in your hunt……

This differs from mine in that my grab rail was Chrome and my seat was Black.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11413655...RxMUHew/I5ubhHZEyAZSwWkYI=|tkp:Bk9SR9a3gYWOYQ

#2 DucatiScud, Nov 12, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. What does your guide dog think?

:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. :)^
    still love them, and wish i'd got one at some point. @Duncs could add some bit's maybe.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. If you are going for a Paso in my opinion the 907ie is the one to go for. I owned one and sold it last year after 10 years of ownership. In that period I did over 8,000 miles on with no problems. Other than wear and tear items, tyres, chain, brake pads, etc. the only thing that needed doing was the voltage regulation which I replaced with a Shindengen MOSfet item.
    The 750 suffered from being under powered, poor carburation from the Weber twin choke carb that was fitted and with the 16" wheels. It is now very hard to find tyres for these. The 906 which followed it had the 904cc water cooled engine with a bit more power but still suffered from the Weber carb and the 16" wheels. By the time the 907ie came out in 1990 Ducati had got their act together and fitted the fuel injection and brakes from the 851 and 17" wheels, making an altogether far better bike, but unfortunately the reputation of the preceding models followed it and it never really sold in big number before being discontinued in 1992. This was mine just before I sold it.

20210515_133755.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
  6. :joy::joy:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information