Constant Power To Right Tail Light

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by DansST3s, Apr 28, 2023.

1. The battery in my 2006 ST3s died even though it was on a trickle charger. When I went to the automotive store to replace it, the guy at the counter said he didn't have like it one but told me he had one that would work. It looked different from the one I had in and when I installed it, I reversed the cables (positive to negative). I only had it on for about ten seconds when I realized what I had done. It blew the 40A fuse for the battery and fried the resistors for my LED tail lights.

I replaced the fuse and resistors but now have constant power to the right tail light. I have checked all the fuses and relays and they seem to be fine. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix it? I tried removing the LED light and resistor but it still has constant power only to the right tail light. The left one is working fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. The indicators are controlled by the dash not an indicator relay. You may have fried something on the dash circuit board. Did the ECU survive the polarity inversion?

3. As far as I know it did. Everything else is working fine, including the left indicator. No warning lights on the dash.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information