V4 Coolant Leak Thermostat?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by jj996, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Well once again I have problems with my V4s but now its 6 weeks out of warranty.

Went out for a ride this morning and found my foot slipping on the left hand side peg and gear changer, pulled over and found the left hand side of my bike covered in coolant, I carried on my journey home watching for any signs of overheating but still fluid persistantly leaking.

I have stripped the bike down and the overflow tank is empty and it looks like it is coming from between the engine 'V' but the clamps to the thermostat (I think its the thermostat - black plastic with 4 coolant pipes to it?)

A friend has had two replaced on his V4 in the early days, but has anyone else had this part fail or had heavy leakage from this area on their V4?

2. There was a coolant recall but think that was more around the neck of the cooler, mine cracked and had to be replaced.

3. Turns out it is the usual water pump failure and Ducati has allegedly updated the product to stop future failures.
    Ducati have agreed to pay for the part but labour has to be paid for even though this is common fault. My warranty ran out the day the dealerships opened after Covid shutdown and has spent around 4 months in the ducati workshop having failed parts replaced/ repaired.
    If I had been able to ride the bike and it had been reliable then this part would have probably failed within the warranty period - Really think Ducati owners are losing patience with them as a manufacturer, I certainly am - looks like I will be changing for Aprilia RF1100

4. Take them to/through small claims court. Given the age of the bike the part shouldn’t have failed. You shouldn’t have to pay for any of it.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information