Coring Exhaust Has Begun

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by peter walker, May 29, 2024.

1. So , 749 silencer now cut and open , that was fun !! Tubing ordered so whilst it’s coming a couple of questions. I am leaving the cats in the pipe/silencer , theory being it may keep some back pressure and not affect ecu fueling hopefully . And not give full loudness
    The plan is to use the wire wool and stranded stuff but add more to fill missing metal . Do I pack this tight or loose? Does tight quieten things or make noise
    Any recommendations of wadding IMG_8494.jpeg IMG_8495.jpeg IMG_8499.jpeg IMG_8498.jpeg

2. IMG_8516.jpeg Getting there IMG_8517.jpeg

3. Ready to find a welder now
    IMG_8537.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  4. My 57 full system can has stainless gauze wrapped around the perforated tubes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bugger the filler used expands and doesn’t require mesh as it matting not strands , that’s what they told me ??

6. They also said don’t pck too tight as it needs to expand and dampen the sound

7. I have the standard one as back up if the modded one is too loud and if needed for mot’s

8. Was hoping by keeping the cats it will keep the noise down , heat I hope will be reduced by the increase in flow under the seat

9. Well, found a local welder nice lad , into his bikes so it’s gone in
    TBC…..

10. Now back and looking ok ,
    now weighs 6-3kg , what’s a standard one weigh? Think I’ll fit after I have booked the mot IMG_8718.jpeg

IMG_8717.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information