1200 DVT Dash Screen Vulnerable To Scratches?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by tobers, May 24, 2015.

1. Looking over my 5 day old non-S bike just now and there are fine scratches on the dash display "glass". I wiped it with the back of my glove finger while riding in a bit of light rain yesterday and it seems that was enough to scratch it which is a bit unusual in my experience.

It's certainly not Gorillaglass. It does have a bit of a soft feel to it, unlike that characteristic smooth hardness you get with higher end mobile phone screens.

I've cut up a laptop screen protector and made an ill fitting protection layer for the time being. Interested if any others have seen the same thing.

2. That's interesting but not hard to believe I guess that screens will need protection

3. Both DVT bikes I've ridden have had scratches on the screen. I'd definitely get a protector.

4. Has anyone seen anything similar for the older models?

5. I noticed that on the demonstrator, big scratch right across, presumably from wiping dew away?

6. Seems a no-brainer for £2.85 (plus £0.99 postage). Odd choice of plastic by Ducati.

7. Thanks for the heads up. Still waiting for my 1200s, but screen protectors ordered.

8. Picking up my Dvt Monday, so had some screen protectors on order but had an email from them today confirming my cancelled order!
    So I asked why the cancelation, the reply was "we don't offer ordered protection film"
    But they're still advertising then on Amazon!
    Anyone else had this?

9. Not had any cancelled order notification, and I'm expecting delivery any day. Will keep you posted.

10. Just ordered mine via Amazon at the price listed here. Will post if and when it arrives or I get the "we don't sell those" email.

11. They emailed this morning to tell me they have taken them off Amazon.
    I'll try again

12. Just received mine will fit at the weekend

13. Picked my multi up this week two hours after it came out of its box and i have never touched the screen but it has fine scratches over it ( DO NOT LET ANYONE TOUCH YOUR SCREEN )in saying that i don't think it matters that much as if it is like my phone it has scratches all over the screen but i just don't notice them when i use it.

14. That is why...
    Flitzi Post#33

Displayschuzfolie Multi 2015

15. Just received mine as well. protectionfiles24.com is the seller. Will fit and report back.

And here's a translation from that German web site:

So here the film , the link is always from the same manufacturer , I have asked to cut my films . Unfortunately, the manufacturer was very hasty and took away my layout easy without trying if it fits and started to market the films themselves . That can not be , is without even vaguely agreed with me or I get an allowance . ( Copyright in my file ) He has his offers removed .

The first slide I have brought up yesterday and this morning inspected . Unfortunately, you do not fit final. The film has yet to be slightly shortened , otherwise it is too far from the curves and dissolves . A cut by hand is not possible because then creates a level on the bottom and then the film does not bear 100 % .

The manufacturer has now promised to produce 30 films for the best price .

I 'll call you if everything fits .

16. Just got them with post man bought from Amazon

17. OK - fitted. Nice, accurate shape. Usual credit card thing to squash all the bubbles out. Of course, there's always a bit of dust that you just can't see until it's too late!

I put the gear indicator side on first as that needs to be spot on.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. NO...very strong scratch resistance on both machines, over 55K miles now!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information