Dave Moss - Paid Subscription

Discussion in 'Suspension help' started by freshage, Feb 13, 2024.

1. Is a total bloody waste of money.

You get acces to some (publicly listed) videos and write ups. That's it...

Don't waste your money like I did. I've learnt more from a single book than all his videos.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Who is David Moss ? Andy

3. https://davemosstuning.com/

He's a suspension guy who everyone reveres but he's bloody annoying to listen to and repeats the same advice in every video without really going into detail for the audience. Just fits the bike to a customer at a track, records it and uploads that as suspension advice.

Fooled me once.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Never thought much to him to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ..... Is he as annoying as Arfur Smiff on Radio 4 / Radio 4 Extra ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. He did a half decent set up for the MV Agusta F3 which I used on mine, but he’s so full of sh*t it’s unreal, loads of videos you can tell he’s just waffling for content.

one particular example is that he mentions that a 899/959 owner would need to buy new handlebars to adjust the levers, ignoring the fact the whole bar is on clamps so you just spin the whole bar unlike any other standard bike….

• Like Like x 1
  7. He's the one eyed king amongst the blind. If you know nothing at all about suspension then he'll perhaps be able to help a bit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Brilliant summary. Gift of the gab for sure

9. his video on the mass damper made me particularly angry, in part because it’s with Calimoto who’s not to my taste, but also because it failed to address any questions or even cover some basics

10. Dear Sir,
    I hereby refute and wholly reject your assertion in the strongest possible terms.
    With very best regards…. Etc etc.

11. IMHO, Dave Moss knows his stuff and he does cover a lot of ground. However, I do agree that he can be repetitive and should go into more details with explanations. Notwithstanding, the paid subscription videos are considerably longer and more detailed than the free Youtube ones. If you view enough of the full version videos and take notes, you can extract a tremendous amount of valuable information.
    You have to be diligent in separating the wheat from the chaff. Personally, I consider that $49 per year was worth it. YMMV.
    I've downloaded the videos that I felt were applicable to my particular situation, interest or bikes which were viewed several times.
    For me, taking notes has been instrumental in my quest for knowledge. Moreover, I have yet to go around the block and constantly learning.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information