DB Killers...

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Mary Hinge, Apr 27, 2013.

1. I'm thinking of doing Donington on May 27th but see its 98db ride past. I've got a 1098R with full 70mm termi system. I think it puts out about 103db at 5k rpm. Will the db killers knock it down to 98db?? I don't want to spunk 145 quid and get red carded... Cos thats a lot of beer down the drain.

2. It might do, it might not. The main check is on the start/ finish straight. You could roll off slightly as you cross the line. There are two other machines at McLeans and foggy Esses I think.

i have done 98 db days there and seen 1198s going round with db killers in, with no problems. It also depends on what the weather is doing. Also if its a busy day at the airport it helps too. £145 seems a lot for a 'quiet' day though. Who's that with?

3. Thanks for that abmatt, I think its with No Limits. I'm doing the Ducati day the following day on the 28th but I wanted to get the hang of the circuit the day before. A bit more chin stroking required before I go for the 'quiet' day I guess. Cheers.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information