1200 DVT Denali Soundbomb/ Mini Soundbomb/ Split Soundbomb

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Twinlover, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Has anyone added any of the available Denali soundbomb horns to a 2015 Multistrada 1200s dvt?

Was wondering which of the models fit, where they can be fitted and what is needed to fit them?

Also, is it really true that the mini soundbomb can be fitted as a plug and play, not needing a relay? This requires that the oem horn and wiring supports a 5amp current to be suitable, which begs the question, does the 2015 multi 1200s dvt meet this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Well I've fitted a DSB horn to my 1260, using the original location and other than slightly bending the mount to accommodate the larger body of the horn, as far as I can recall, no other modifications were required.
    Simply plug & play.
    I'll re-check my comments by taking a closer look at my bike tomorrow and let you know if anything I've said differs, however, I don't think it will.

If you want, I'll also take a photo of the horn + mount to show you what I've done to enable the fit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. It would be brilliant if you could take a pic and let me see how it is.

I take it you have fitted the mini soundbomb version?

4. Leave it with me and yes I'm pretty sure it is a mini version as fitted. I've still got the packaging with the original Ducati unit stored inside, so will be able to verify either way.
    I'll attach a photo or two tomorrow FYI. :upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Great stuff, thanks.

6. Agree with #TonyMNo1 I had the mini sound bomb on my 1260 and it was plug and play with a bit of a bend in the bracket. In fact that same horn is on my V4 now and there is even less room on the V4 but it still just fitted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Great.

Is the mini a big improvement over the original and is it loud enough?

8. Have a Sound Bomb Mini on my 1260. Far better than the stock horn, louder and deeper compared to the OEM bleat...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. TL, here's the photos I mentioned I would send over to you and yes as some of the guys have said above, the DSBM is a big improvement on the stock horn, noticeably louder and deeper too. IMG_2387.JPG IMG_2388.JPG IMG_2389.JPG
    Mine is not a 'perfect' fit, which will no doubt drive those here on the forum with OCD absolutely barmy, but it can't be that easily seen and performs functionally fab', well for me at least.......:grinning:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. I've literally just fitted the DSB this weekend, I personally didn't go for the mini as heard that it wasn't a great improvement of the OEM but now others have said it is I might have opted for that. I bought the wiring harness with it and was easy enough to fit with all wires tucked away. Also I had already removed the evap cannister and had room in that area. The new horn does however now sound like a truck and I'm sure will get the desired attention I was looking for ;)

KaY7pmGI.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  11. This is why I like the forum. I was just looking at the Mini DSB and wondering if the wiring would deliver the required 5amp pull. I'm off to Italy, and I'm told a loud horn is a legal requirement for Italian riding. :D

Thank you

12. I’m assuming Ducati didn’t get that memo.

13. Thanks for taking the time TonyMNo1, much appreciated and that looks great:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. After reading the threads on this post, I fitted a DSBM to my 1260S at the weekend.

Really quick and easy to fit, it’s supplied with a double bracket, so I left the OEM bracket attached to the OEM horn as the DSBM bracket requires a dog leg setting in the bracket so the new horn doesn’t knock the radiator, nice and loud, and a lower tone than the strangled budgie supplied by Ducati!!

So thanks for all the info on this posts and the pictures, most helpful.

Dave_M

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information