950 Desert X Rally

Discussion in 'Desert X' started by DucatiScud, Sep 23, 2023.

1. Marketing gone mad. By the time you spec this up properly you are closer to £20k. That's a lot of cash to drop in the mud on a trail.

I enjoyed the (on-road only) test ride but sorry the build quality doesn't support its price point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I could not ever bring myself to spend 20k on a bike.
    I’m just in the process of buying some off road biased tyres for both my lads supermoto and mine.
    I can stand dropping my GasGas bud for off-road that’s too much IMO.
    Not sure how many would take a bike of that value fully off road.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I would like to know what the Desert X DP is going to be.

I do wish they would make a bike to go against the KTM 890SMT.

4. They do. It’s the Hypermotard!

5. Not the same to my mind. You couldn't easily tour on a Hypermotard like you could on the SMT.

6. They would need to resurrect the Hyperstrada or Ducati could opt to allow owners to spec a hypermotard to a strada spec.
    That SMT looks a great Swiss Army knife of a bike.

7. Indeed it does. I went to look at one a few weeks ago but didn't dare test ride it as I suspect I would have wanted one there and then.

8. Depends how you define tour, I guess. I took my SP on a 3 day trip to Cornwall last weekend, it was more than capable. I think if touring was the main objective of the bike, a supermoto of any description wouldn't be top of my list of bikes to buy.

9. I loved riding my 790scalpel, sometimes wish I’d have got the 890 instead of my GasGas. Such a peach of a bike.

10. As you’re experienced possibly short duration tours it’d be fine much longer maybe not so much.

11. The bike will do it but it would get tiring after a while being in the breeze all the time.
    It’s possible to tour on anything if you have the will.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I like the look of it, but the price is eye watering, by the time you’ve put some accessories on.

13. Pretty easy now to get it to £24k with a few extras!

14. It does look good but…..Personally I would say buy a Fantic Caballero 500 Rally or the Triumph 400 Scrambler X if you fancy some off road.

You would need exceptional off road skills to get anything from the Desert x Rally…and deep pockets.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Unbelievable pricing for the Rally ! Seems a cynical attempt to milk the market given the relatively limited changes , maybe it’s meant to give them headroom to lift the standard DesertX prices given the current UK £4k gap between them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Just get the more than capable standard X and cover it in mud, they’ll never know it’s not the top model? 7F20EDD6-3A0E-4C93-B855-BB34D99AD6CB.jpeg A84EF05F-CB2D-429D-B02B-742EB1652549.jpeg 00E1D6D5-7B43-4DEF-85EA-935C6B9D8F98.jpeg 7F20EDD6-3A0E-4C93-B855-BB34D99AD6CB.jpeg A84EF05F-CB2D-429D-B02B-742EB1652549.jpeg 00E1D6D5-7B43-4DEF-85EA-935C6B9D8F98.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  17. Sounds like a VERY impressive bike if you do lots of off road. Even top riders saying the electronics make them faster and don't hold them back.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information