Diablo Corsa or Supercorsa??

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by suttz83, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Hi, need a bit of input. The 1098 is in need of new tyres and I can't decide what to go for between these 2. Had the Supercorsa BSB (loved them) on previous zx10r but the 1098 is a different beast.

info; 80% med to fast road, 20% track. Summer only riding and only manage around 600-800 miles a year, so not bothered about longevity just outright grip for road and track.

Pirelli Rosso Corsa
    or
    Pirelli Supercorsa

if Supercorsa, which compound, SP/BSB (same thing I think) or soft front/med rear.

Cheers
    ben

2. SC road compound

3. Thanks for your input bradders. By road compound do you mean BSB or medium compound?

4. Afaik (and its been a while tbh) the road based tyre is a single compound, its when you go track its soft etc. and track tyres don't really like lots of heat cycles, its why they have warmers, so will never be as good as a road tyre

5. Ok cheers. So am I right in saying the road going Supercorsa is the BSB version. That's what I read in another thread on here anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  6. You may still find some SC BSBs but you should also consider the Metzler which is the German version of the Pirelli. The Racetech Interact K3 is a road legal endurance racing tyre and I'll be running a pair at Cartegena in 4 weeks time on 748R. I like the look of it although I'm not sure if the rear will last 3 days of ragging on track. Dunlops are a favourite on here as are Michelins both of which do a sticky short lived road legal tyre. Andy

7. I've had Rosso Corsa's on my last 3 bikes including my 999. Can't fault them. Good grip, warm up quickly and give about 3000 miles on the Ducati.
    I've used Supercorsa's on road and track. On the road in my experience they need to be ridden hard to keep the heat in, don't like getting hot and cold (go blue and crispy) then take longer to warm up next time. On track with warmers they are the best.
    It's a testament to Rosso's that they've been around for a while without really changing, sell well and get good reviews, why change it if it works.

OGR

8. The race scrubs I bought went blue. The road version never did. The first took quite a while to warm up, the second no where near as much. Useless in wet or heavy damp tho

9. My Tyre of choice is Michelin Power Cups or Powers ones as they used to be called.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Racetec k3 is my choice for track.
    Used them for the last two trips to Almeria on the 1098 and the v4.
    Loads of grip and for me inters paced, did the four days, just!

11. I'm have the same dilema my SC's are shagged after 1800 miles front more so than the rear, I was reading a couple of back issues of PB and they said that the RC's were the best option for road use and the occasional track day. Friends and I are heading to Nurbugring first weekend in May and know that I'll defo need another change of tyres before I go if I stick with the supers but nae sure if the Rosso's will last any longer???

12. I'm starting to like the sound of the Rosso Corsa's.

Majority of my riding is on the road with friends and I'm not one for ragging the arse out of it trying my best to lose my licence.

However, I need something that warms up quickly and offers loads of grip on the road. Does the Rosso Corsa offer this or best with the Supercorsa.

Like I said I'm not bothered about how long they last.

The few stints on track I think will be covered by whatever tyre I put on.

13. BT016s worked brilliantly on the road and OK fast group track. Cheap as chips too.

14. Bradders your trying to confuse me chucking in Bridgestone BT016s. I'm struggling enough between the Pirellis.

I may just stick with what I know. Had Supercorsa BSBs on the zx10r. May just get them or whatever they are called this year. It's the write up from Superbikes mag on the Rosso Corsa that's throwing me. Sound awesome.

Could just get to the shop a flip a coin?

15. I second this completely. DRCs are superb and would be ideally suited to your 80/20 road/track usage. DRCs are grippier than SCs in road conditions where you will not get enough heat into an SC for it to be operating at its optimum temperature.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa's it is then. Cheers.

Who knew choosing a few rubber hoops could be so difficult!

What's the most up to date DRC called. Or is it just that? I thought I had seen them called Rosso Corsa 3's?

Thanks all for the input. Much appreciated.

17. In which case if its fast dry roads and track, SC BSB the way to go :)

decision made :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  18. I always had the racetecs on my gsxr1000 and they were much more confidence inspiring than the factory fitted bridgestones which I managed to spin up on the throttle a couple of times. I have the supercorsa sp2's on my 1098 and things are hunky dory. I am similar to yourself, I go out when the roads are dry and tend to ride in a spirited fashion where applicable. For me, a tyre with little in the way of grooves and quick to warm up suits me. If I were an all weather rider or didn't mind riding in the wet, I would leave these tyres well alone. If there is a chance of rain, there is no chance me being out on the bike, done all that and did not enjoy it lol.

19. Think i'm swapping over to the Rosso Corsa from the supercorsa always feel they need a lot of heat to get the best from them

20. I've opted for the DRC's I tend to ride my bike all year and found just lately the supers twitch quite a bit in the damp and getting any real heat in the them just now is quite impossible. The DRC's I put on last week have now done 300 miles with no dramas and appear to warm up quickly and keep the heat in them.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information