Disc Lock On Your Duc??

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by kentish, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Just got myself a new Streetfighter and am completely paranoid about leaving anywhere out of eyesight when out and about.

Have been looking at decent disc locks with built in alarms. Quite like the look of the Xena XX range and the Oxford Boss Alarm.

The Streetfighter however doesn't have any kind of stash box under the seat, nothing what so ever:rolleyes: Couldn't even get a packet of fags in there even if i did smoke!

Obviously i can't carry one of these lumps of metal in a pocket or in a rucksack for obvious reasons. Don't really want to have to always carry a tailpack either?

The Oxford Boss comes with some kind of mounting clip but i haven't got a clue how that works or where i'd mount it.

Anyone here come up with any solutions? I can't be the first to run into this problem??

2. I just chopped my Monster for a Streetfighter and have the same problem. I have a decent, alarmed lock but don't like carrying it in my pocket and don't always use a rucksack or tail bag.

Mine has a fabric holder that seems designed to be strapped to the bike but anything obvious I've tried with the weight of the lock in isn't workable.

Sorry I can't offer any great tips but I share the frustration. I'd like to find a clamp of some kind that the lock could be secure in without juggling about. If nothing else, mine you just push the lock to alarm it and in my pocket I has ended up alarmed and going off while riding along.

Something that clamped around the pillion peg hanger or in my case the exhaust hanger would be perfect.

3. I have the Xena X-14 and that did fit under the seat on the 848, I know the SF is slightly different but I managed my wallet, a puck and the disc lock.

4. What about a Kreiga waist pack; might fit in there.

5. Had an Oxford Quartz lock that fitted in my jacket pocket, now also have an Oxford Nemesis lock which is truly a beast but I have to stick it down the front of my jacket... :frown:

Need some sort of velcro pouch so that it doesnt rattle/try to escape whilst riding...

6. wifes monster had that problem, I just made up a simple alloy bracket to hand from the footpeg hanger and disc lock attaches to this - helps that its got high level pipes otherwise they would have fouled

just make sure that were ever you mount it its not going to foul or damage anything

Do Not Sell My Personal Information