Do Dealers Want To Sell Bike ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Dibble, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Just called a very high profile Ducati dealer to enquire about a Multi 1100S they have in and I have never spoken to someone so disinterested in my life, I've been in before was thoroughly unimpressed but that was a few years ago so thought, maybe they aren't that bad anymore... how wrong was I, conversation went:

Me - Hi, you have a Multi 1100S just popped up on Autotrader, do you have any pics ..
    Dealer - No

Pause..

Dealer - We have rubbish pics on AT and the site because our cameras broken.
    Me - Oh so no pics of this specific bike I can take a look at, any due ?
    Dealer - Its a one owner bike, we sold it new ...
    Me - Oh, ok, when was it last serviced
    Dealer - Don't know (in a way that would suggest I was peeing on his desk and interrupting his lunch) but we'll service it anyway (very abrupt)
    Me - Oh, ok then, thanks, bye (by this time all my fears had been confirmed)

Last time I encountered that degree of ambivelance and disinterest was at Pro V many moons ago and never thought I'd get it again, and not from a full on dealer ...

Either way, Ducati Aylesbury are back in the 'you won't get a penny out of me camp' again.

So hopefully one will pop up at JHP / Snells / Moto Rapido or one of the other histricaly awesome outfits that exist .... I just missed out on one at Snells ....

Rant over ...

Oh and a message to the dealer, you're a multi million pound a year turnover business, how the hell do you not have £100 for a new camera ?

2. Shame to hear about their lack of interest but I have to say that Ducati Aylesbury have been blindingly helpful every time I have gone there to look at a bike. Test rides no problem, no pressure selling from the staff. They are a 20 odd mile ride across country from home so rather than phone I would always pop along there. Maybe they are crap on the phone but good in the flesh ?

3. I thought you were talking about Blade Ducati Reading, similar experience only worse. Needless to say, I wont be going back there again.

4. Funny. As I was reading this a vision of Ducati Aylesbury popped up in my brain...
    Only to be confirmed.

I don't want to rubbish them particularly, but when I went to get new brake pads, I couldn't find where you got them from. I wandered around for ages trying to suss the place out. No one said hello or even acknowledged my presence, though I was wearing full biking kit. In fact I would even say that staff members tried to avoid eye-contact so that they could continue chatting to their mates/reps/other staff members without having to be interrupted by a customer.

5. The salesman has now moved on and they have a new one in there.

6. never found them remotely helpful. Drove an hour and half out my way to buy a ZX10R, new, couple of years ago and the attitude was so poor I walked away without really having a discussion about buying one. Every questions was met with a grunt or a dis-interetsted look up from his phone.

Good job, I went and bought an 848 Evo instead.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steve was/is always OK but the rest of the sales guys are just awful. They've always been about offering discounts rather than buying from the dealer and/or brand.

Clothing side is good though, great selection and often good sales on.

8. Ha ha ha, I know what you mean, wouldnt even have bothered calling them, they are not even 3 miles from my front door and I stil have Snells come get my bikes to service ....

• Like Like x 1
  9. i thought you had a bitch for bike repairs......:Watching:

10. He does, he works at Snells, same as your transport bitch ;)

Lol

11. nah, we do bitch share though......my man yesterday....

12. FE looks like he could bitch for anyone

13. hes not fussy...

14. I can sympathise with your experience which is why I drove 70 miles out of my way to buy from Moto Rapido. At least they smile when they take your money!

15. what would you pay for a 57 1100s with 16k on the clock

16. Well I just missed out on a dealer one with half the miles, 2 owners, top box and termis on 58 plate for less than 5k .... full dealer history (same dealer from new) and the appropriate warranty .......

So based on that what do you think yours is worth privately with double the miles and no warranty ?

17. 6k? :smile:

18. Bought my 1198 new from Aylesbury. They were fine. Twas Steve who sold it to me and I cant really fault them.

19. Maybe I should keep re-dialling until I get through to Steve !!!!!

20. steves great....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information