Does the new Multistrada have a fear of WATER !??

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Kel, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Hi Guys, Got a new Multistrada the end of last year and I've hardly been off it great all round machine. Though it's not the first time I've been out on it pissing down with rain, today.... (and it pissed it down) I noticed misfiring and feeling really lumpy at especially at lower revs through tight twisty roads etc. Wondered if anyone has experienced the same or similar thing.
    Sure does kick up a lot shit and water everywhere and the rad always steams it's arse off. Wonder if water might be getting into hd leads or plug holes or elsewhere........any suggestion or thoughts?? seems ok otherwise in dry weather.
    Cheers

2. Traction control kicking in? What you describe is exactly how it feels on mine.

its hatred of water is more to do with corrosion :rolleyes:

3. Hi Brad, Don't think it's traction because we pulled in for a fag and bit of shelter and on start up it sounded lumpy and unresponsive on the throttle :rolleyes:. Know what you mean on corrosion....... They were a few niggles I had just after delivery surface spot rust on the inside of the disc brake cut outs, chain rubbing on the rear of the chain guard and a brake reservoir left dangling with no bolt in !
    Getting back to misfire ......there's a spark plug which seems awfully exposed to water throwing up from the front wheel ...wonder if it's that... I'd noticed there are some after market guards on the market that might protect it a bit but seem more aimed at protecting against stones etc than water.
    I'll speak to dealer tomorrow see if he can shed any light and at the same time chase up the exhaust cover that he was suppose to send me that took a bit of surface off from a dangling brake reservoir !!!:redface:

4. Been out in all weathers not had any problem with misfiring and some of the puddles, in our well maintained roads, are of a reasonable size.

5. Has your bike the the front mudguard extender on it? looks like a black bit at the back; as opposed to the very short standard red one.
    it's a Ducati part that you pay extra for as it never rains in Blighty does it?!!!

6. Would it not be the exhaust flapper valve shut which they have been known to do

• Like Like x 1
  7. :upyeah:Solved ! Well done Drdaveboy ! Was indeed the exhaust valve...sticking at times around 3000 revs why it was intermittent giving the impression of misfire and feeling lumpy ... bikes only 3mths old done about 2000 miles so far don't expect that....but thanks anyway...cheers

8. Some lads remove it and there are ways round to fool bike into thinking it's still there , it isn't really needed just helps bike through emissions I believe when new

9. Moved to Multi :smile:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information