1198 Domino Q/a Throttle Cables

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Andy 1198, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Just brought a Domino quick action throttle for my 1198, can any one confirm that the Domino cables are the same dimensions as the original cables? It would be a lot easier to use the original cables than take the bike apart to fit the cables in the kit.

Andy

2. Without looking at the Domino web site, I’m guessing you bought the generic twin cable quick action throttle with the 3 coloured cams ? If that is so, the cables supplied need to be cut to length to match the cam you use. As I didn’t fit the one I bought for my Multistrada, I’m not sure if there is enough adjustment in the OE set up to take out any difference in the cable length. I do know the workshop cursed me because it was a fiddly, time consuming job :joy: Andy

3. Just checked the cables in the kit & they have adjusters either end & the inner cables have soldered nipples at each end too. I'll try & use the original cables with the throttle & if I have to use the cables in the kit so be it - thanks for the prompt reply

4. Just installed a Domino XM2 with universal cables and it is fiddly. Supplied elbow ends didnt fit my Daytona, hit the airbox. The non soldered cable ends come with a screw on nipple (heh) and it is not robust. Doesn't fit the cam or throttle body well at all. I sent the cables to Venhill with sheaths already cut and they provided new cables, swaged the ends and soldered the end nipples.

Hopefully your kit doesn't require any of that!

5. Cheaper and easier to fit R1 throttle tube.

6. Done that already, good mod but it's not 1/4 turn. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I had domino on my 848 and pretty sure I used standard cables as I wouldn’t be able to cut, solder and fit alternative ones!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. I used the Accossato Quick Action Throttle including the deliverd cables. Don't think the orginal cables would have fit properly without wildly adjusting the length.
    It was pretty plug & play and i'm sure it's the same as the domino kit with the right set for your Duc.

I've documented the process on how to fit them in this video:

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just had a domino throttle on my gsxr , was straight forward.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information