Ducati 1098 Ride Height Tool

Discussion in 'Suspension help' started by Boggy, Jul 27, 2024.

1. Hi folks.

Asking for a very good friend who, in his retirement, has bought and restored a beautiful low mileage 2007 1098S. He's setting up his suspension.

If you own a Ducati (or any other brand/copy) 848/1098/1198 Ride Height Tool could you send me a dimensioned sketch of it please ?

Supplier in US is selling them for $150 but wants $80 delivery. It's a piece of laser/water cut 4mm steel - can't be that difficult to have a go at making one.

It looks like the one in the pics.

Many thx everyone.

Rich.

IMG_1302.jpeg

IMG_1307.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Many thx Andy, will have a look at your link in a mo. Yes I know that we're after a static rigid reference point but what we're after as a baseline starting point is the top RH surface of the DIY tool (the bit I need to measure from to the centre of the rear spindle) to be at the exact same position/location as the Ducati 1098 ride height tool otherwise it'll be difficult to implement recommended rear ride heights that are made when using the Ducati tool (example; trying to achieve a recommended ride of 245mm will be inaccurate if the top surface of the DIY tool does not exactly match the position of the top surface of the Ducati tool (or a copy of said tool). Hopefully you can see my point. Ta Andy.

3. Do you really mean 245?…

4. I have one in the garage. As I now no longer ride it is surplus to requirements. Make me an offer via PM.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Like this…
    IMG_1551.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Andyb. It's an example, could be any one of a number of recommended heights between top surface of the tool and the centre of the spindle.

7. Many thx Chris. Much appreciated. Could you put me down as first dibs please and I'll ask my friend Ady to give you an offer. Will pm you. Thx. Rich.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Many thx Sev. Road bike with an occasional track day. Would ideally like to get hold of the tool tbh. That link looks good ta. Will let Ady know. Chris has also offered to sell Ady the spare one he has so there are two routes to acquiring a tool Ady wasn't aware of. Thx Sev. Rich.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bingo !! Any chance of the dimensions please Andyb? That means my pal will have 3 options; make, buy new from SES and acquire a used one from Chris. Many thx.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The link to the 748 one will be the same measurements although I would make it longer as the1198 wheelbase is longer.

you also need to turn the two pilot bungs for mounting the gauge and a mounting for the centre of the rear axle you can then add a metal ruler to it to be accurate

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thx Andyb. Certainly all within Ady's skills range to go DIY but having one available from Chris might sway him to just grab that one. Ta mate. Rich.

12. Chris, thx again for the kind offer, my pal Ady has managed to source a new Ride Height Tool from Rich Llewellyn at Louigi Moto so all good. Thx to other folks for links and pics. Much appreciated. No further action needed.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information