Ducati 1098

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by DaltonCook, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Hi everyone,
    I am new to ducati and forums. I have brought a 1098 and I need a bit of help to find out what is the best setting for road riding on the suspension setting on the front and rear please

Thanks Dalton

2. best to take to an expert a lot easier and quicker.

3. Welcome! Can't help you with the settings, but the 1098 is one sweet bike. Ride safe!

4. Welcome Dave :)

5. Hello and welcome dcdave to the mad house

Can't answer your question sorry others may well be able to I shall leave it to them :)

6. Welcome along! 1098 nice! :upyeah:

7. Hi I am in the same boat with my 1098 what I am doing is check where the settings are now, winding screws all in and out counting the clicks. Then either adjusting to suit from there of return back to factory settings and adjust accordingly as you go.

Or

Weight yourself in all your gear and take the info to someone like Mike Dawson (MD Racing) and let him
    Work his magic.

8. On mine, see below ( but stock springs are too stiff for average rider ).

Comp: 12
    Re: 12
    Pre: 2nm

Spring: 10nm
    Oil: 1309-01
    Level: 155

As said get to an expert, will work wonders. And get them serviced. Best money you will spend on any bike imo.

1098s Fork seals gone again Grrrrrrrrr

9. Hi and welcome, I've just had my Multi suspension set up by the racing team guys at P and H motorcycles. £99 and well worth it going by the improvement to the handling. It's not worth pissing about trying to do it yourself for that price IMO

10. Hello and welcome :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information