Ducati 999 Seat Cowl

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by dean hawkins, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Good evening all, I've just bought a ducats 999 and it has the rear seat pillion passenger on it? I would like to change it to a single seat cowl but have been told I need to change the sub frame, to accommodate the seat cowl.
    Is this correct?????

2. Thread moved to correct section

3. Cheers, think I've put it in correct forum now???

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. No you put it in the newbies section. I moved it to the correct section for you ;)

5. I'm interseted in this too as I want to do this. I 'think" you can remove the pillion seat and replace with a cowl OR alter/swap the sub frame and put a single seat unit on instead. I believe the single seat unit is supposed to look better.

I'm waiting to be corrected.......

6. Many thanks

7. Cream is right, either a cowl in place of the bip seat or change the whole rear unit for the mono look. That is much more money to do.

When i bought mine new in 06 i didn't like the long exhaust of the mono so got a bip and instantly put on a cowl.

[​IMG]img upload

• Like Like x 1
  8. image.png These bolt straight onto bips and are v comfy. This is new old stock on ebay for 750. They were 450ish originally! They go for 150-200ish s/h. Otherwise you need subframe etc. for full conversion. Theres also cowl that replaces pillion seat £50 new unpainted on ebay.

9. That picture was from 06, the bike looks a bit tired now. An overhaul is on my to do list :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. I think that Desmo style tail is hideous to be honest, sorry. It's from a different bike, the style i mean.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. What about the testatretta models? Probably showing I haven't done my homework wother this response?

12. Could you put the link up for the £50 that replace the seat please? I can't find it

13. They are all Testastretta models mate. It's either mono posto or biposto.

@dean hawkins

14. Cheers bud, shows I need to read up

15. Readings boring, riding is more fun :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  16. best option is complets unit, subframe et all,, just keep the same seat,, whole thing swaps over in about 30 mins should you need to,, cost on av 250 ish

17. thinking of selling this one goes on a bip frame instead of seat straight swap needs repaint on the white

IMG_0169.JPG

18. Could you put a few more pictures up please?

19. I have a yellow seat cowl that replaces the pilion seat in the spare room in yellow. That's a perfect colour match only used for a few wks. In mint new condition
    Got from Design Corse DU749999CFSCOWL - 02
    If anybody interested pm me £100 post included

IMG_20150726_192113.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information