Ducati Euro Prices

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by fut1a, Dec 20, 2015.

1. I recently modernised my bathroom and saved nearly 50% by buying the stuff from Germany, so I thought I would look at how much the bikes were in Germany.

899 E16,045 = £11,708.37
    1299 E19,490 = £14,222.26
    1299S E25,795 = £18,823.14
    1299R E33,295 = £24,296.05
    Diavel E17,700 = 12,916.06
    Diavel Carbon E19690 = £14,368.20

Ducati Motorräder online kaufen - Finde dein Traumbike

2. Not as good as it seems maybe. That is a site for discount machines and 2015 stock. The 2016 model year is here and the 899 is not in the 2016 line up.
    You may find dealers in the UK who are getting rid of old stock, but due to the different registration system in the UK most of that stock will be preregistered.
    Perhaps you should compare the Ducati list prices between the countries to get a true comparison.

3. Two weeks ago when it was €1.42 to £ they were even cheaper!
    Today it's a mere €1.37

4. The 899 and 1299R and the Diavels have 15 next to them, which I assumed referred to them being 2015 models. The 1299's did not say anything, but even if they were 2015 models is there any difference between a 2015 model and a 2016 apart from the obvious 899?

5. I'm going to go look at a Ducati dealer tomorrow in Spain so I'll compare a few prices.

6. spain is often (weirdly) a more expensive place to buy a motorbike!

7. Ducati German website prices. Exchange rate is calculated at 1 Euro = 0.73 Gbp. Like someone has said if you got it when the exchange rate is better then there are even better savings.
    1299 E20,790 = £15,170.89
    1299S E25,990 = £18,965,44
    1299R E32,990 = £24,073.48
    Diavel E18,190 = £13,273.62
    Diavel Carbon E21,590 = £15,754.67
    XDiavel E19,890 = £14,514.14
    XDiavelS E22,890 = £16,703.31

Has anyone bought one from our European neighbours to know what you do?

8. I've bought cars from various countries. Within the EU and outside. It's not difficult.
    Once you've paid VAT within the EU that's it, no more to pay here.
    Call customs and excise and ask them, they'll help you. Look it up on their web site.
    Buy it, declare it at the port of entry, pay the taxes, get it inspected get the plates.

BUT, check your insurance costs, they may be higher for an import. I don't know why as its all within the EU but they might be. Declare it's an import or your not covered. A friend of mine had an imported car stolen. He unknowingly hadn't ticked the personally imported box.... Insurance company refused to pay out.

Also worth considering if your dealer of choice will service it?

9. Not that it's worth re-importing one back to the EU, but look how cheap bikes are in the US
    959 for comparison @ $0.67/GBP
    $14,995 (red); $15,295 (white)
    £10,062.45 (red); £10,270 (white)

Compared to UK £13,095 & £13,295
    That's not far off 1/4 cheaper !

10. I think that you will find that for vehicles less than 6 months old you buy tax free (or reclaim the VAT) in the supplying country and then pay UK VAT on registration under the current rules. VAT in Germany, France and the UK are all about 20%, but a few years ago it was higher in Belgium (and lower in France). The end prices were the same. Many French car dealers were buying their stock in Belgium, reclaiming their VAT and paying French VAT, thereby making the end price much cheaper.
    Today the VAT in Denmark is 25% and Hungary 27% and I'll bet that end prices are nearly the same all over.
    When the UK get to vote on remaining part of the EU things may change though, if the UK leaves then there will be no restrictions on the price of bikes or spares that Ducati can charge in the UK, they can do what they want.

11. Most US prices are quoted excluding tax as different states have different tax levels. You will also have fun regitering a bike from the US market as it will not be supplied with a European Certificate of Conformity, required for registration. You can get around this with a single vehicle inspection after changing certain things, but that adds to the cost.

12. The UK importers were charging substantially the same prices-given that we now have new models and versions, as they were when the pound was T 1:10-15. If they were making good profits then-and you can bet they were, what are they making now? We are being stitched up no question.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Have you just noticed? You pay road tax and have MOT tests on motorbikes in the UK, I call that a stitch up too. I won't tell you what the price of diesel for my car is nor what my council tax for a year is. I left the UK 11 years ago and have never looked back. The only thing that is hard to swallow for me is having to pay UK income tax when I never set foot in the old country any more.

14. Re Spain, I lived there for 5 years and my experience was that new cars and bikes were much dearer than UK and you would not believe how expensive used stuff is. I wonder what will happen when Dodgy Dave fails to get the EU changes and the public vote to leave the EU. Watch this space.
    Regards,
    Faz.

15. And they are left hand drive....:Bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Any saving you make buying new will be lost when you sell later as no one will pay the same price for an EU import and many dealers wont even consider an import as a p/ex.

17. That would not affect me or many bikers that I know as we buy bikes to ride and enjoy them. If I want to make an investment it will not be one that I take out on the road and put at risk.

18. Fair point but i don't think you save anything in the short to medium term as you also have the hassle of warranty issues.

19. I think that you are a bit out of date there. The UK is still in the EU and so a warranty is EU wide. In the same way an imported bike will be the same as a UK sourced bike as they all have to conform to the same EU standard and be issued with an EU certificate of conformity on request.
    It will change if the UK leaves the EU as the EU consumer protection will no longer apply to UK buyers.

20. Euro spec cars have slightly different specs to uk cars.

Warranty on a new ford is made up of the first year by ford motor co, and the 2nd/3rd year is from the supplying dealer. So if you buy a import you don't get the dealer part of the standard 3 year warranty. Many people think he full 3 years is by ford which it isn't. Hence why a lot of items aren't covered after the first 12 months.

Can't speak from other manufacturers point of view but I would get it's similiar.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information