Ducati insurance

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by ottoatom, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

I'm almost sure which bike I am going to buy (696) but now I am trying to decide which insurance I am going to get... So, if I go through the public opinion over the web (and common sense) ALL insurance companies try to rip you off. Even the ones that cost more than the value of the bike I am considering buying get horrible reviews...

So if possible, I will try to rely on a more selective and reliable opinion: yours. Which insurance companies would you recommend? I got a pretty good quote from Ducati insurance and as I am going to buy a Ducati maybe a ducati insurance is not so bad, would I be mistaken?

Thanks for your opinions,
    Otto

2. There's a full thread further down the page, where you might get all the info you need. :upyeah:

3. Ducati insurance have always been double my usual quotes (£1200 +) so never used them. This time they were about £150 more but dont include breakdown or anything. Plus they wouldnt budge on the price which was still £200 more than last year. Id love to put the business their way but not this time im afraid.

4. I've always used Carol Nash mainly because they don't object to doing multi-bike policy and I'm supposed to be of a sensible age :smile:

5. Ducati Insurance? Surely you mean the red phone at an insurance broker! Annnyway I found DI very expensive when I got a quote.

Try this link, works for me everytime Let me google that for you

6. I'm with MCE who gave me a reasonable deal on a multi bike policy and they allow modifications which some insurance companies are clamping down on.

7. Yep MCE are by far cheaper and get a lot more with the policy than Ducati Insurance plus u get loads of extra goodies

8. MR C I used that link myself a few times today. I already got the quotes and I know how much to pay. I am not asking about prices, I am asking about insurance reliability from your own experience.

D8mok If they dont have breakdown cover then I'll go to another one.. But as for the price, they are really matching my best prices I got through other insurance companies like Devitt or Swinton bikes.. Missed that breakdown cover though and that's a solid no.

mcr998 I read so many bad things about carole nash insurance... but then again I read bad from all of them. This is why I am writing this post.. Is there an insurance company that stands out of the crowd?

9. I only mentioned 3 modifications before they hang up on me, probably should have started with something light like led rear light or paintjob :D Ducati Insurance accepted it all.

10. Duke 1276 uses rampdale insurance brokers for his 848 and I use E bike for my 748, I've just passed my test and my insurance is a really good price well
    I think so, its under £300 per annum fully comp! I swapped it over from
    My RS125 when I passed and it cost me an additional £50 which I was happily suprised at!

11. I'm with Bennetts this year, £109 fully comp on an ST3, was with Swinton, had 2 months left on the policy when I changed bikes and they wouldn't do a change of bike, wanted to issue complete new policy at £270 !! I've since heard this seems to be fairly common with them so won't ever use them again. Don't need breakdown cover as I already have it with my bank account so no need to pay twice.

12. Forgot to put that Swinton also wanted to charge me for cancelling the policy, £70 !! Paid up the last 2 months (£21) and told them to get stuffed!

13. I was with Equity Red Star (through Carole Nash) and had just renewed my policy on the R1 which cost approx £300 fully comp, when I decided to p/x it for the 848. Equity Red Star wouldn't insure me on the 848 so I had to cancel the R1 policy and start another new policy for the 848 with Aviva (again through CN) and it cost me £148 extra to do that :frown:

14. Be carefully with that.....I thought the same, till the Natwest sent the green flag out to me, who told me I was only covered to take me 10 miles....not much help 80 miles from home, £220 later I got dropped off at home....and I had to pay before he would unload onto my drive. :frown:

15. I must admit I've never had a problem with Swinton brokers but i insure my car and have been with them for the last 15 years and I always get good discount and deals they always look after me, i also have my home Insurance with them, however when we tried to insurance duke1276 996 when he had it they couldn't do it!

16. That's something I will have to check out then, thanks. Have sent you pm re stickers

17. money saving expert have a good method for finding the cheapest price but in the end i went with DI as they insured 3 bikes ducatis in central london for £200!

18. i get breakdown cover with barclays and it is full uk and european cover cars bikes whatever,have used it once and fine.well to anyone out there i would say stay away from mce,absolute nightmare if u need to claim,the worst i have ever come across in 32 years,ducati insurance for me about £70 more than mce but worth it for peace of mind,and they answer the phone or call u back really quickly.

19. I can confirm NatWest cover is for any vehicle you are in but they only cover 10 miles recovery, found out hard way (not £220 but still). Useless in most cases. DI accident recovery is just as bad as they only recover if it was not your fault. However saying that dealing with them is all in all great. For my first 3 years of motorcycling they were not even able to insure me or quoted me 2k. After 3 years (with 1 50/50 and no NCB) they gave me same quote as my previous insurance company HR. However HR did not want to hear about mods to monster DI could not be more helpful.

Agreed now they are the cheapest for me in central London. MCE hang up on me after mod 3 out of 15 I was going to give. Carole Nash said only 1 mode to which I said bye.

Good to know was thinking about moving as NatWest became shit. All the good things that are part of the premium account are not so good no more after changing it every year. First mobile insurance gave you new phone or cash value of what you paid for it. Then refurbished phone or cash value now refurbished phone or if not available phone of equal value (their choice). Breakdown cover is useless as said, travel insurance does not cover MC touring unless you have 3y NCB and never covers your luggage. There is more wrong. Michelle is there good mobile phone cover on it?

20. I went with Bennetts from Carole Nash
    £93 fully comp with half price leathers/helmet cover/breakdown/legal protection
    Insured with equity red star
    Ducati couldn't touch the offer
    Very helpful through my accident done dusted in a month

Shop around get quotes and ring round till you find best deal

Do Not Sell My Personal Information