For Sale Ducati Monster 797 Scrambler 800 Throttle Body Plastic Pulley Fail/break . Solution How To Fix It.

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by Ivan_stel, Jan 24, 2024.

1. Hello!
    I was searching for thread that talk about a problem related with the throttle body of Ducati Monster 797, Scrambler 800 and Scrambler 400.
    I will leave a list with all models I'm aware that use the same throttle body BING 78 with part number 2428100 1A .
    As I said in my introduction post, I'm trying to fix things or upgrade them and I will show you a fix as promised.

If you are insterested in fast throttle responce click here .

So I bought a throttle body (Ducati Scrambler 800 Cafe Racer 2019) to show you what I want to explain and also to warn you that this is kind of dangerous things to happen while riding.
    Also I will include the steps shown on pictures just to see briefly how it's made and a youtube video you can watch it by clicking here that shows the whole process. Also at the end of the thread you will find :noentry:DISCOUNT:noentry: coupons for eBay , Etsy and https://atcam.shop/.

Also information on the refurbishing process go to https://atcam.shop/pages/ducati-throttle-body

My opinion on this failure is: Plastic pulley, actually isn't a failure. I'm sure that the engeneer decision to be plastic instead of metal, is well calculated to break at some point.
    The throttle body I purchased is from Ducati Scrambler 800 Cafe Racer 2019. The part is made

Those are the compatible models I know:
    Scrambler 2016 (Icon / Classic / Full Throttle / Urban Enduro / Italia Independent 800 / Flat Track Pro 800 )
    Scrambler 2017 (Cafe Racer / Classic / Desert Sled / Full Throttle / Icon )
    Scrambler 2018 (800 Brazil Special Edition / 800 Icon / 800 Full Throttle / 800 Classic / 800 Street Classic / 800 Desert Sled / 800 Cafe Racer / 800 Mach 2.0 )
    Scrambler 2019 (800 Icon / 800 Full Throttle / 800 Desert Sled / 800 Cafe Racer )
    Scrambler 2020 (Cafe Racer 800 / Desert Sled 800 / Full Throttle 800 / Icon Dark 800 / Icon 800 )
    Scrambler 2021 (Nightshift 800 / Desert Sled Fasthouse 800 / Desert Sled / Icon Dark 800 / Icon 800 )
    Scrambler 2022 ( 800 Nightshift / 800 Desert Sled Fasthouse / Desert Sled / 800 Icon Dark / 800 Icon / 800 Urban Motard )
    Monster 2017 (797 / 797+ )
    Monster 2017 (797 / 797+ )
    Monster 2019 (797 / 797 Plus )
    Monster 2021 (797 )

viber_изображение_2024-01-08_17-21-58-489.jpg viber_изображение_2024-01-12_19-27-59-209.jpg

Material
    Pulley (cam) made of Aluminum alloy 6082 T6 is a medium strength alloy with excellent corrosion resistance. It has the highest strength of the 6000 series alloys. Applications of 6082 is typically used in: Highly stressed applications, Trusses, Bridges, Cranes, Transport applications, Ore skips.
    Experience the power of Aluminium 6082 T6 material with its exceptional properties. It's like having a superhero in your hands.

Coating , E-tech (endurance technology)
    The ready machined parts goes through electrochemical anodization process(25 microns Marine coat for marine applications i.e window frames within a few hundred meters of the sea or those in geothermal areas ) to improve the durability of the aluminium alloy , after which color is added for aesthetics.
    Unleash the potential of anodic coat with our high-quality products. Enjoy increased lifespan and superior performance.

Repair kit contents:

The repair kit includes 1x cam(aluminium pulley), fastening element 3 pieces M3 screws and 1 pieces small flanges with threaded holes M3, all made from stainless steel.

1-collage JPG.jpg

Pic.1 - Unload the two springs. First spring.
    Pic.2 - Second spring.
    Pic.3 - Remove the TPS. Unscrew both.
    Pic.4 - Unscrew and take out the throttle plate
    Pic.5 - Pull the plate gently.
    Pic.6 - Take off the circlip and the nylon washer.
    Pic.7 - Pull out the throttle shaft.
    Pic.8 - Remove the plastic pulley.
    Pic.9 - Here both plastic sides connect throu 4mm hole. To remove it safely use 4mm drill and start drilling aprox. where the photo shows.

2-collage JPG.jpg

Pic.10 - Now remove the rest of the plastic pulley.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pic.11 - Fit the aluminium pulley and mark the holes. If necessary!

The accuracy of the OEM stainless steel plate is +-0.2mm. The tolerance of those OEM plates are relatively in big range. Why they don't chase great accuracy? The answer is simple, cheap and fast production. The OEM plate is formed on a press machine and after that melted plastic is squeezed around the plate to form the plastic pulley. The solution is light touch with keyfile to grind 0.1mm from each side. For reference the thickness of human hair is 0.1mm.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pic.12 - Punch each marking with center to avoid dislocation of the drill.

Also use two drills to avoid dislocating the holes. As it's suggested first use 2.5mm drill and second use 4mm drill. Drill the stainless steel on low rpm and lubricate! Start with a sharp drill and have it turning as slowly as your drill or drill press will allow. Set the drill press to its slowest speed or run the portable drill as slow as the trigger will allow. You need to exert pressure on the drill bit - as much as it will bear.

Stainless is actually a relatively soft metal, at least in its initial state. What stainless tends to do is “work harden” fairly quickly when heated, and drilling at high speed creates a lot of heat. When stainless steel work hardens, it becomes very hard and extremely difficult to drill.

Use sharp drills!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pic.13 - 2.5mm drill.
    Pic.14 - 4mm drill.
    Pic.15 - Clean all chips after drilling the holes.
    Pic.16 - Done! Nice and clean.
    Pic.17 - Тighten all screws using threadlocker with high temperature properties or with greater properties. This is mandatory!
    Pic.18 - Check for drops of threadlocker and clean if present.

3-collage JPG.jpg
    Pic.19 - Return the shaft.

(Optional): Before placing back the shaft, clean the throttle body from fumes and oil debris using detergent for carburetors. Apply oil on both bearing.
    Pic.20 - Place the nylon washer and the circlip.
    Pic.21 - Return the throttle plate.
    Pic.22 - Fit the throttle plate without applying force! Nice and easy, it will fit perfectly.
    Pic.23 - Screw both. (Optional) Use threadlocker low temperature properties.
    Pic.24 - Place back the TPS.
    Pic.25 - Load the springs! First.
    Pic.26 - Second!
    Pic.27 - Done! Finished! Mission Complete! Enjoy increased lifespan and superior performance.

DISCOUNT COUPONS
    eBay Coupon code for 5% discount - ALUMDUCATI5OFF
    Etsy Coupon code for 5% discount - ALUMDUCATI5OFF
    www.atcam.shop code for 12% discount - ALUMDUCATI12OFF

clear.png

#1 Ivan_stel, Jan 24, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information